UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> (Spoiler) AVS WIN THE CUP!

9/3/07 8:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Sep-07

Sorry guys, I didn't want to spoil it for you all, but I figured I would share. 303
9/4/07 3:29 AM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Sep-07
Lets work on "aves win a game" first m'kay ? ;P
9/6/07 4:32 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Sep-07
I'll take a stab that they'll win the division though. I think Budaj will have an awesome year.
9/6/07 11:44 PM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Sep-07
Aves will be dangerous, but end up 3rd in a tough division.
9/7/07 10:03 AM
yl2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Sep-07
Budaj ? What about Theo ? his last year on the contract, i think he will bounce back for an incredible year.
9/7/07 6:32 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Jose bounces back for a good year in the last year of his contract he's gonna get criticized like hell for playing shitty up until his contract expires. It's a lose-lose situation, and I think the Avs will let him go regardless cause you can't trust that guy. I hate ripping on goalies, and I know its a tough job, I also think Theodore has the skills to be a top 5 goalie when he's on his game but I haven't see him play with a lot of heart since he joined the avs. In terms of the tougness of the Northwest. Well count edmonton and calgary (yes they are overrated) out. Vancouver will be a threat only if they sign Forsberg, the offense juts isn't good enough and if forsberg signs I think he'll spark Naslund. Of course the wild are a well balanced team, but for god sakes fire Lemaire he's holding the team back , they have more weapons offensively than defensively. This isn't 2002-2003 Jacques, so change it up, Wild have 6 potential 20-goal scorers. When they fire him and his conservative style, they will be much better. Colorado has almost it all after this offseason. They got rid of Bresbois, brought in Hanna. Brought in smyth to play with Sakic. Hopefully Leopold is healthy as their PP will be as good as always. But their young forwards are only second to anaheim in the west. they are better than a fringe playoff team in my opinion.
9/7/07 7:38 PM
Spankenstyne

Vancouver was top 10 in scoring after christmas, averaging almost 3 goals a game once Lui & the team got their game settled. This was with sub-par seasons from Naslund, Morrison, & Cooke amongst others. There will be some additions out west, but even just getting slight improvements from the second line will be huge. Colordo has the tools to give anyone a hard time but imo Vancouver and Calgary will edge them out. Colorado will be right there but still lacks the defensive grit on the back-end even with Hannan. Should be a fun team to watch though, they were scary as shit at the end of last season. Calgary shouldn't be counted out, there will be no questions for them this year on direction, and they got grittier while still adding some skill. Keep in mind as well that Kipper had an "off year" by most standards yet still was a Vezina finalist. Should be interesting to see what happens.
9/7/07 8:42 PM
Spankenstyne

Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see the Aves grab second either. Some great young talent that is just about ready to make a big jump that could make more of a difference than expected. Good times ahead for you Colorado freaks for sure. btw Foppa going back to Denver wouldn't be out of the question either.
9/8/07 1:18 AM
goeb

Edited: 08-Sep-07
^ those are legit arguments, they do lack some grit ont he backend. I feel weird arguing cause avs aren't even one of my fav teams but I do love watching them. The puck control they have is unbelievable , even without their stars last season. One word about Calgary though: Mike Keenan. Honestly, is he really gonna improve that team? They have one good secondary scorer, and int he playoffs it showed how easy it was for Detroit to stop them. If not for Kipper they would've been slaughtered badly. They have 3 new defensemen, all big guys that lack speed (though i do like Sarich). I consider calgary a fringe playoff team, that still can't win on the road. The fact that the Hockey news picked them to win the division, pretty much seals their fate,lol.
9/9/07 4:55 PM
Spankenstyne

Edited: 09-Sep-07
lol true enough about the Hockey news. Keenan though i feel differently about. What Calgary lacked last season was an identity, they really improved talent-wise but decided they had enough skill to get away from "Sutter hockey" which was their bread and butter. It was odd it was like Calgary & Vancouver traded philosophies, Calgary playing a soft run n' gun while Vancouver turned all gritty and defense oriented. Keenan will not put up with any floaters or folks thinking they can get away with stuff because they're skilled. He is exactly what they needed, some leadership and no-BS kinda guy up front who will kick them in the ass. There won't be any "what can I get away with" in Cowtown anymore, I expect them to go back to that rowdy punishing style which will have them in contention for the div title imo. Aves will for sure be fun to watch even if they are "the enemy". I just wonder if Smyth will fit into their team style as well as expected.
10/8/07 3:02 PM
LordZaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Oct-07
The Dallas Stars bring the Cup back to Big D this season.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.