UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Easiest possible math credit..

9/6/07 8:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fin
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Sep-07

I'm about to drop College Algebra What is the EASIEST fucking possible math class that will get me the credit, I could care less if there are a bunch of window lickers in the class at this point. Having to spend over 30 hours on a 4 credit hour class in the first week is fucking ridiculous and I'm willing to take whatever the easiest way out of this is because its going to ruin my streak and the near 4.0 grades I make in everything else. How in the fuck does that happen where I get great grades in all kinds of stuff but math is just a complete fuck up for me.
9/6/07 11:35 PM
amorphous
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Sep-07
30 hours a week on one class? Is your teacher a nazi?
9/7/07 9:56 AM
TapoutRookie
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Sep-07
You could take pre-algebra, but typically that isn't the math level required to graduate. Suck it up, finish the class and you will feel better for doing so.Who gives a fuck about 4.0. Get the damn diploma, that is what matters
9/7/07 12:43 PM
Fin
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Sep-07
"quit trolling. dont you write code? the logic used in coding is more complex than anything elementary like algebra. so, i dont believe you are really having trouble" I can write limited amounts of VB/Perl - not enough to say I know anything about it. You are right about just trying to finish the class up, its just that I'm that worried about having troubles with passing it. Really.
9/8/07 2:53 PM
Zoso
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Sep-07
What gusto said is right. I hate math I can make A's in anything else with minimal effort...math just dominates me. I had 3 math classes and I made C C B. The B being in stat. I went to the math lab regularly and they helped me a ton. I would have never got C's if not for the people in the math lab. I highly recommend that if available.
9/10/07 1:29 PM
Jonwell
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Sep-07
What are your alternatives? You do have to spend a lot of time learning math if you're at the edge of your capabilities... 30 hours a week including class time isn't that out of the ordinary. That's about what I put in now. Not everyone is good at math; I know one girl who's otherwise rather smart and successful, but never passed college algebra. It's odd. It may also help to get alternative texts, like Algebra for Dummies- I have this book, and it's pretty good.
9/12/07 12:15 AM
Gforce
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Sep-07 12:27 AM
If you want to go on to higher math, you need to finish. The issue is not the class but likely the TEACHER. See if you can switch sections. Math is something that can be brutally difficult if you are being taught by someone who things came natural to. In the meantime, hit Amazon.com for "The Math Tutor" with Jason Gibson. It's a DVD set. If it's half as good as his Physics Tutor, you'll suddenly get a lot better at it. I used his college physics set last year and it was awesome. Keep in mind that physics is college algebra and trig with word problems. Otherwise, if you want to stay out of the tech field, stats is usually easy.
9/12/07 7:41 PM
Pustak
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Sep-07
is it just to fulfill a basic math requirement? in that case, some unis will allow you to substitute a formal logic course. being a verbally-oriented guy, that route was a LOT easier for me.
9/14/07 12:14 PM
Polaris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Sep-07
"You do have to spend a lot of time learning math if you're at the edge of your capabilities... 30 hours a week including class time isn't that out of the ordinary. That's about what I put in now." 30 hours not out of the ordinary? Damn, sometimes I wish I had that kind of discipline when it comes to studying. Fortunately I'm taking my last straight "math" (stat. for strategy) class this semester. There is an Applied Equity Valuation class here that I will probably take that is supposed to require about 15-30 hrs. of class work per week. Good times!
9/14/07 4:41 PM
Jonwell
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, I suppose it could depend on your class structure. I'm on a quarter system so it's fairly compressed.
9/14/07 9:50 PM
asdf
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't imagine there are easier math classes than College Algebra. Agree with Jonwell, try going to the library and checking out different books. There's lots of books with lots of worked examples for Algebra. Sometimes it's the book.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.