UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Experience in a Buffalo / Cougar??

9/9/07 8:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Graduate1
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Sep-07

Being reading alot about MRAP and in particular, the Buffalo and Cougar. Have any of you serving been in one of these vehicles and if so, are they as good (ie. safe and reliable) as what is being written about them? Do they compare to other MRAP's in theater?
9/26/07 2:13 PM
BigDaddyPerkins
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Sep-07
I ride around in the Badger, which is the version given to the Iraqi's. Go to force protection industries for info. Sorry but a public board isn't the place to talk about capabilities and limitations. But i will tell ya the Air Conditioning rocks in the thing.
9/30/07 9:13 PM
DrillSergeant"C"
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Sep-07 09:21 PM
BDP... Can you see over the dashboard or does it come with a "Booster Seat"?
10/4/07 5:40 AM
BigDaddyPerkins
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Oct-07
I ride in the back biyotch. He who gets in last, gets seat next to the airconditioning, he who gets in first ends up with the gunners ass in his face. I wish the damn thing had a ramp though, those steps suck with all the gear we wear ( we wear body armor here "C", because people try to damage us, and it makes our elected officials feel better the more crap I wear. Please someone tell them to stop "helping" me ) If you want I can send Rice an email, I am sure he would be glad to hear your volunteering for a MiTT assignment.
10/4/07 8:20 AM
DrillSergeant"C"
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MiTT is just another failed experiment for our MOS. Are you teaching what your a SME in? Probably Not... Look at OSUT that was tried. What happened to it? Gone... because it failed. What did we tell them when we got there? It's not gonna work... They aren't getting what they need... Anyway... Enough Ranting... Do you need anything I can send to you? I see Gerald has a good thing going over there in Lawton. I may get a slot to JFO soon and was planning to bring a mouthpiece and my Banana Hammock so I can train with them some. I got your emails just haven't had the time to apply intelligent thought to a response. Let me know if you need anything... Kardiak
10/4/07 2:48 PM
Graduate1
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big: My post was intended to find out how these vehicles compare to other MRAP's out there. Do they compare to the RG's? Thanks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.