9/13/07 5:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pickflick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Nov-07 11:44 PM
12/24/07 7:53 AM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Dec-07 07:58 AM
i know him he's a good guy and the deal is cool for people who have never travelled to brazil or thailand and are looking to have a good trip. it might not be the cheapest thing but bill knows the hot spots in both countries and can definitely show people a good time and the good spots to train as well. he isnt out to scam anyone
12/26/07 5:34 AM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Dec-07
well you did call him a dickhead. im just saying he's not a bad guy at all. i know him personally and he's a good dude.
12/31/07 12:17 AM
pickflick

Edited: 31-Dec-07
thanks for the kind words, I deleted the tread because its just not worth the bullshit over the web. having to explain and break down the cost of the trip to someone who's been there before for cheaper. when traveling its like anything else you get what you pay for. Travel to southeast Asia is one of the cheapest places to go as far as accommodation but the hotel I have chosen is in an area of Bangkok that is known for its business/nitelife right in between soi cowboy-nana entertainment plaza. in this area a girlfriendly (meaning you can bring back a guest with no extra charge)is a little hard to find for $45 bucks. this area is where you want to be for the nite life and 4 star hotel .While there is a lot of options the majestic Grande is one of the nicest hotels in the area. 3300 baht = $110 per night Grande Superior *Rate from now till 31 October 2008 : Baht 3,300 (Note: Above rates are nett, inclusive of buffet breakfast) now $110 a night for 9 nights is $990 the training is also a little more $1000 baht for a 2-3 hr PRIVATE lesson not a $15 group class or day rate but a one on one pad work or sparring workout .1000 baht =$33 per day. like 8 days $264 so far $1254 now I am getting a discounted room for myself and making a little bit of money but not ripping anybody off. Let me also put things in perspective you can go to Thailand and spend like $15 a night(ko san rd ) share a bathroom or live in a dorm in fairtex/tiger muaythai for a lot less than my tour. I'm a 37yrs old so the idea of living a week in a dorm doesn't do it for me. I'm into training and getting away for site seeing and partying.
12/31/07 12:19 AM
pickflick

12/31/07 12:32 AM
pickflick

Id also like to say that there is a big difference between giving advice over the Internet and traveling to the other side of the word in a foreign country and showing someone around for 10 days Believe me traveling with people is hard enough, much less people you don't know.- so if you want to do it for cheaper -GO FOR IT
12/31/07 8:44 AM
pickflick

Nana Hotel is practically inside Nana Plaza, the best bar area in Bangkok and a night there costs 1000 BHT, 1500 for nicer rooms. -bullshit nana hotel is full of cockroaches its joked about all over nana plaza -and the suckers that stay there are all first timers-or on a budget. again if I'm in charge of picking rooms for people I dont want to give them the cheapest I can find and deal with their complaints. I would rather give them what i feel is the best again you get what you pay for
12/31/07 9:14 AM
pickflick

Edited: 31-Dec-07 09:21 AM
if your on a budget, and traveling alone -I would take your advice and book the cheapest I could find for a night then when you get there shop around and find something you like better. people travel on a tour for a few reasons 1. piece of mind that the planning has been done for you 2. make friends -don't want to travel alone I really don't make a lot of money from the trip - I own two other business, I enjoy traveling and training martial arts my first time to Thailand was by myself and I was scared shitless and didn't have a clue where to stay and where I could find good training. if there was a tour that I knew about I would have been all over it.one thing that I didn't want to do was live in a camp and get up and run in the morning. this upcoming trip I have 4 people going with me 3 are friends one I never met before, that's enough for me . I started this whole tour thing with my friends asking me to book rooms and shit for them-they don't want to stay in the cheapest room I could find .
12/31/07 3:22 PM
pickflick

there's no such thing as a 10 minute taxi ride in bangkok-the traffic there sucks,taking the mrt or skytrain is the only way really to get around town
4/29/09 10:46 PM
alley
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Information overload, with missing bits. Summary, please?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.