UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Should I make the switch?

9/19/07 3:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FullBlastJKD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Sep-07

Ok, my time in the Air Force is almost up and I am not going to re-enlist unless they let me cross train into something else, and the chances for that are slim to nil. I have talked to the Army recruiter here in my area about "Blue to Green", but the info is a bit sketchy. He said they wouldn't even let me go to the MEPS station to find out what job I am qualified for or what is open until my CO signs a 'conditional release' form. They also said once I do go to the MEPS station, I would then belong to the Army. The Air Force says otherwise. anyway, if I do end up doing this, I was considering a job in the mechanical field, or possibly MP. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh, and please...only serious ones with real info, thanks!
9/20/07 6:40 PM
rafie

Edited: 20-Sep-07
B Send me a email to senseirafie@yahoo.com
9/20/07 8:41 PM
TerribleTed

Edited: 20-Sep-07
Brian, Hit me up on my e-mail: unitedjujitsu@yahoo.com Ted
9/24/07 10:13 AM
StephenL

Edited: 24-Sep-07
get used to living and eating a little poorer. stephen
9/24/07 11:17 AM
rafie

Edited: 24-Sep-07
B I send your email
9/30/07 9:12 PM
DrillSergeant"C"

Edited: 30-Sep-07
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????? Am I seeing things?????????????!!!!!!!!!! Dude, Please talk to me or Ted before you do something crazy. Slap yourself for the thought.
10/1/07 8:59 AM
TerribleTed

Edited: 01-Oct-07
He already talked to me, I'm all for it ........ misery loves company and all. What's going on up at Drum?
10/4/07 5:32 AM
BigDaddyPerkins
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Oct-07
HEY, NO SHIT, you know I was in the Air Force for over 6 years, as a 462, which is now 2W1, my load crew was load crew of the year for the air force, I wasn't a shit bag (all 5's on all EPR's), but still left the Air Force as an E4. I switched to the army in 97, and didn't have any cool blue to green program, i ate the big shit sandwich of reduction to pfc repeat basic training the whole deal, and I only regret that I didn't start in the Army. Before you choose a job in the army checkout the promotion rates of those jobs, for example my job I went to germany out of basic a E3, I left 3 years later an E6. Of course my prior time in grade assisted with quick promotion, but my job is a fast promoter (13F). There are things that are physically more demanding in the Army, but I know you well enough those things aren't what are going to stop you. But feel free to send me any questions k_perk@msn.com Get the hell out of the Air Force now, and come on over.............now! Just say no to the bicycle test.
10/6/07 4:52 AM
FullBlastJKD

Edited: 06-Oct-07
LOL Good to see my friends in the Army helping me out! Ted and Rafie...thanks for dropping me some info. I got a call back (finally) from the recruiter here. Seems like they are more serious now. Still contemplating though. Perk, we don't do bike tests anymore...nope, they decided it was much easier to just let us all take on-line PT tests from now on. I mean, we do everything else on CBT's, why not that? For instance, we have to learn first aid, NBC, and explosives recognition on line, along with how to spot a bad situation during deployments (no beer?? that's bad!) I guess the next thing will be CBT's for weapons qual too!
10/14/07 8:48 AM
FSMA

Edited: 14-Oct-07
I'm in the Air Force right now as well. Seriously, you want to do this? I'd think about it for a good amount of time. What's your AFSC?
10/14/07 11:02 AM
StephenL

Edited: 14-Oct-07
try for pj, cct or weather. if you washout, then go army. stephen

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.