UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> fasting

9/24/07 3:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Invincible
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Sep-07

Has anyone ever tried fasting for any reason? what were the results? how long? how strict a fast? thanks.
1/23/08 3:08 PM
Solution
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Jan-08
A friend of mine, a personal trainer, went on a diet were you fasted for one day a week. I am not sure of the exact details, but it's suppose to rev-up your maetabolism. email me adn I will try to find out the details. joseph_hixon@yahoo.com
1/25/08 12:14 AM
metrocksncn

Edited: 25-Jan-08
Ramadan and Fasting Author: Abu Abdillah Abdel-Kader Kamel Tayebi al-Athari Source: QSS Publications, al-Mu'minah Magazine Blessings of Ramadan Why do We Fast? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Essentials Elements of Siyam (Fasting) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Actions which Nullify the Fast Intentional Eating and Drinking Sexual Intercourse Intentional Vomiting Poor Intentions Injections Containing NourishmentInvoluntary Events that Break the Fast -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Acts That are Permissible During the Fast Pouring water over one's self and submersing one's self in water Applying Kohl(*) or eyedrop or anything to the eyes Kissing and foreplay for one who has the ability to control himself Injections, eye and ear drops Cupping (Hijaamah) and blood-letting [or donation] for medical purposes Rinsing the mouth and nose Those things which one could not protect one's self from The fasting person can eat, drink, and have sexual intercourse until fajr It is permissible for the fasting person to be Junub (sexually defiled or having had intercourse or a wet dream) at the time of Fajr (that is, a person is not required to perform ghusl before fajr). Delaying the purifying ghusl (bath) from menstruation till after fajr (dawn) time. Involuntary actions -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Who is permitted to break the fast in Ramadhan? The Insane person The Pregnant and breast-feeding women The Traveler and the (not chronically) ill -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Manners of Fasting Eating the Suhoor (the predawn meal) Hastening in breaking the fast Supplications while breaking the fast Refraining from performing any actions that do not befit the fasting Using the Siwak [tooth stick brush] Being generous and studying the Qur'an Praying in the nights of Ramadan -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Virtues of Fasting in General and within Ramadan in particular A means to attain Taqwa A merciful recommendation from Allah The practice of the Prophets A great reward for those who fast A means to cut sexual desires The supplication of the fasting person is granted A Means of intercession on the Day of Judgement In Ramadan there is Laylatul Qadr (the night of Decree) A `Umra in Ramadan is equivalent to Hajj A Means of Forgiveness Fasting is also a means of expiations for various sins During Hajj Hunting while in a state of Ihraam during Hajj Accidently killing a person from a people with whom you have a treaty Violating an oath Dhihaar Fasting in Ramadan: A Way to Paradise -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Last 10-Days of Ramadan Praying in the last ten nights of Ramadan Performing I`tikaf in the Masjid (seclusion in the Mosque) Seeking Laylatul-Qadr (the Night of Decree) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Educating your children in Ramadan Zakat ul-Fitr Conclusion
1/26/08 5:51 AM
sourcheese
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jan-08
hmm no suicide bombing? wtf?
7/10/08 4:55 AM
androushka
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A friend of mine who is a muslim used to gain like a mofo during ramadan, because he ate so much at night :-)
8/15/08 10:58 PM
TOEISM

One of my co-workers was really into some sort of African hunters holistic health. He used to take these aloe verum pills to help him clean out his intestines. Also he "dry" fast for 24 hours every Friday.

Not really sure how he used to do it, but it seems like it worked for him. He seemed healthy & had normal energy levels.
8/29/08 6:03 AM
ronin0352

I am currently doing IF. I do a 24 - 30 hour fast 2 or 3 times a week. I've also been doing some pretty serious lifting. I fast the day before a training session, and end my fast with a pre-WO meal, take some peri-WO drink with me (carbs + BCAAs), PWO meal, then I eat plenty of clean food for 20-24 hours after before starting my next fast. I've only been doing it for about a month, but so far I'm impressed with the results.
9/25/08 2:04 PM
Stronghold
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

An instructor I used to know fasted for 2 weeks every year.

He only drank water and ate either 1 can of tuna per day or nothing at all. He also would walk 2 hours per day. He believed that the impact and lack on calcium intake would cause he body to cannibalize it's calcium deposits. He said his back and knees would be much looser after that and it makes sense that it would.
9/28/08 12:03 PM
BJJSavate

Edited: 09/28/08 6:13 PM
I try to fast about one day a week (usually Sundays) but it ends up being about once or twice a month.I fast from my last meal the night before at 7pm until 7pm the next night. I do drink water and sometimes, if I feel light-headed or can't think straight, I'll have a small square of dark chocolate to hold me over.you really feel great when you eat that first meal after the fast and the first bowel movement after the fast feels like you're getting cleaned out.Intermittent fasting is the way to go.
10/16/08 9:53 AM
androushka
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just getting started IF, one day per week. I notice I feel very weak when I wake up after having fasted for 24 hours. On the positive side is calmer stomach, and I feel like my mind is calmer and clearer right after (?) I drink water, coffee, tea and some home made fruit/veggie-juices during the fast.
10/22/08 7:52 AM
Stone Rolled
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fast longer, try more than a week at least. Nothing but good things will happen. You will actually feel more energetic as the days go.
10/22/08 8:34 AM
androushka

Stone Rolled, I will extend the fast in time, at least as an experiment, I'm just starting slow and building up to avoid bad side-effects.
3/2/09 5:53 AM
Lil Katai

When you "fast" what exactly are you doing or takeing? I know its cutting out food but what type of system do you use? What works best?
3/2/09 6:47 AM
Stone Rolled
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lil Katai, fasting is only taking water without food. This will allow your body to heal yourself better. For more info, check out this article on fasting:

http://soilandhealth.org/copyform.aspx?bookcode=020141
3/3/09 1:34 AM
Lil Katai

Thanks
3/9/09 4:36 AM
Lil Katai

I cant get the artical to come up. Any other one I can use? I really just need to know how often you should fast and for how many hours at a time. And if there is anything special you should eat or drink once you start eating again.
3/9/09 3:57 PM
Daddy Dirty Sanchezed Me
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am fasting right now.

I usually go for 36-48 hours at the longest.

Once a year I'll do a 72 hour fast but you have to make sure you have stuff to chew on (gum or ice) and you also have to make sure that during the last day you're near a toilet consistently.
3/9/09 3:58 PM
Daddy Dirty Sanchezed Me
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Usually just go with only drinking water or juice.  This fast I am allowing myself 1 apple a day but am limiting the amount to 1/4 of it every 6 hours.

3/10/09 5:09 AM
Stone Rolled

The more the merrier. I did 9 days once and 8 days another time. Gonna aim for 14 next time. When you break the fast make sure you don't eat anything heavy. Start with juice. Than slowly ease your way in to veggies and fruits. Basically the longer the fast, you have to be real careful and slowly introduce food to your digestive system. It's been shut down for a long time.
3/20/09 6:01 AM
Lil Katai

What about the lemonade diet? Will doing this fast also help heal your body like just fasting on water will?
http://www.lifetrainingonline.com/blog/lemonade-diet-recipe.htm
3/20/09 6:28 AM
Stone Rolled

Not as much IMO. Lemonade diet has calories in it. Very little calories. When you get that, your digestive system isn't shut down all the way. So your body doesn't get to use all its energy to cleanse itself. IMO it isn't as effective as a water fast. You're not eating anything anyway on the Lemonade diet, might as well go for a true water fast.
3/21/09 5:06 AM
Lil Katai

Edited: 03/21/09 5:57 AM
 I'll try but me with out any food is a dangerous situation lol 

Also, should I be taking any supps while fasting? And what about if Im on any medication, should I be taking that? 

And what about black tea, can I drink that along with water? I know when I have to get blood work done and fast for 12 hrs, they tell me I can drink black tea.
3/22/09 4:37 AM
Stone Rolled

Edited: 03/22/09 4:46 AM
I sent you myspace mail, lil katai
3/23/09 12:42 AM
Lil Katai

Got it thanks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.