UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> The Lone Survivor book/movie

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/3/07 11:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
swmnbjjer1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Oct-07

Anyone who has read this what did you think of the book and what about the movie=as far as expectations peter berg is writing the script, not sure who is in it or much more details then that. My thoughts, i have read 50+ spec ops books and this is amongst the best, unreal i can only hope the movie is half as good as the book god bless to all the family and loved ones in regards of June 28,2005 gods speed
10/5/07 11:39 AM
Localhero

Edited: 05-Oct-07
I read the book and loved it . I cant believe he(Marcus) went back to active combat ops after what he survived. A movie would be awesome. People need to know this story.
10/5/07 11:43 AM
Localhero

Edited: 05-Oct-07
I was in a helicopter crash in the persian gulf in 02 while doing a VBSS mission with Seals.Im not sure what team it was ,but they were stationed at Camp Doha(not sure if Im spelling that right). This book brought back a lot of great memories about the service and Coronado.Im not a Seal, although I did do a lot of work with them.
10/8/07 8:20 PM
swmnbjjer1

Edited: 08-Oct-07
yo local hero, glad to hear you read it, unreal book i couldn't put it down when it got to the fire fight Q= what was your rate im an MA stationed in GA, about to get sent to Bahrain. putting in my package to go to BUDs, should be a great experience. looking forward to any info you shed my way about the military/life
10/9/07 12:57 AM
Localhero

Edited: 09-Oct-07
swmnbjjer1 , I used to be AW2 Bruno. I was also a rescue swimmer . I was doing a VBSS mission in Iraq with a Seal team in 02 and my Helicopter crashed(very long and sad story) . I never flew again. I got out and got into fighting full time . I have a UFC contract now and will be in there soon . I always wanted to go to Buds. I used Rescue Swimmer school as a prelim to see if I could handle the swimming. I made the Lions Den in SD and fell in love with fighting so I never pursued Buds any further. Best of luck with Buds.Check out my myspace page www.myspace.com/hollywoodstevebruno.I will be adding more military pics soon.
10/9/07 1:01 AM
Localhero

Edited: 09-Oct-07
The book is unreal .Im hoping they get someone good to play Marcus. i cant think of anyone I would like to see play him. You train in jiu jitsu?There will always be people to roll with while in the military . Before I went pro, I used to train at the mats at the NASNI base in Coronado
10/17/07 9:36 PM
swmnbjjer1

Edited: 17-Oct-07
yo local yeah i have been doing bjj for about 9yrs now. Actually the thing with training bjj in the navy, not to many poeple want to do it. IT SUCKS!!!!
12/21/07 2:42 PM
el bastardo

Edited: 21-Dec-07
just read it (jury duty this week). incredible book! not sure who could play Lattrell. tough one.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.