UnderGround Forums

Jen >> Anthony Robbins Diet

10/8/07 8:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grappler2010
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Oct-07

Bolo: Here's a question I posted on S&C forum. I want to see how the responses there, differ from the responses I get here. It will be an interesting experiment to see the change in viewpoints. Here goes: Anthony Robbins (professional speaker), claims this is the diet strategy for unlimited energy and long life: *Don't mixed carbs and protein unless carbs are in form of vegetables * eat fruits on an empty stomach * Only one condensed meal a day * Only Fruits till 12 pm every day * Drastically limit meats, poultry and fish * Stay away from milk as its mucus clogging * Diet should contain foods automatically rich in water, like vegetables, fruits, and sprouts With this diet he claimed to drop 30 pounds in 30 days. As far as exercise he says to build an aerobic base, working up to 45 min daily in THR. He claims weight training takes away from endurance and should only be added after 3 to 12 months of pure aerobics. He claims weights once, twice, and even 3 times a week increase HGH and make you look younger and fitter. But everytime you do it , you do it at the expense of your endurance. Any criticisms of his diet and exercise routine? Anyone care to make any comparisions between his strategy and zone diet? I'm kinda torn between which one to follow. Thank you. grappler 2010
10/8/07 4:58 PM
Bolo

Edited: 08-Oct-07
Unfortunately, most people guage how healthy a diet is solely based on weight loss or gain. In my opinion, this is one minor way to measure, but for many it is the sole method to measure because our society bases fitness mostly on aesthetics rather than function. For example, with my genetics, I can eat hamburger one day, pizza the next day, burritos the next day, steak sandwich the next day, etc... and drink soda all the time and as long as I do a little bit of exercise, I won't gain weight. We all know that wouldn't be a healthy diet despite the fact that I wouldn't get fat. Many people lost weight on the Atkins diet, however, I don't think that is the most healthy diet for people in the long run. It's interesting how the creator of the Atkins diet died of a heat attack and was severely overweight. With that being said, there are many different diets out there and all have their logic and reasoning behind it. People tend to learn best from personal experience. In addition, personal experience says a lot more than anyone else's studies or research. What I would suggest is that if you are interested in a certain diet, try it out for a month and see how you feel. In my opinion, a month is plenty of time to see the benefits of a diet. If you are curious about other diets, then try them for a month and compare the effects you feel on your body. Besides weight loss, take note of your energy levels, bowel movements, complexion, digestive issues, emotional/psychological changes, etc... In addition, if you really want to get into more detail, take a blood test after doing a particular diet for month and see how the tests differ. Basically, do your own experiment on your own body and that will tell you what works best for you.
10/8/07 9:34 PM
kikenyoy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Oct-07 10:18 PM
Bolo, Good post, but your info on Atkins isn't accurate. Here's a link to a story about Atkins' death. http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-02-10-atkins_x.htm FRAT version: He died from slipping on wet concrete on his walk to work and hit the back of his head. Also, he wasn't obese until just before he died. He was 6' tall and weighed 195 lbs. when he was admitted to the hospital. Due to organ failure he started retaining massive amounts of fluids and was 258 lbs. when he died. Interesting that the Wall Street Journal, who published the story of him having heart disease and being obese, was given the medical records by a group of doctors who are vegetarian activists and anti-Atkins diet. They are just starting to do long term research into the health of the Atkins diet. I'm curious to see what the results are.
10/8/07 11:21 PM
Bolo

Edited: 08-Oct-07 11:32 PM
Interesting about Atkins, but I still don't think his diet very healthy in the long run. Plus, true long term studies would take heck of a long time to produce results. Really, no one knows how it will effect people in 40 - 60 years. I think people make things more complex than it needs to be sometimes. It reminds me of all this research and technology going into making various athletic shoes. After all this time, recent research shows that barefoot is the best for the human body and the exertion of force. Basically, people spent a heck of a lot of time, money, and effort to come to the conclusion that nature's orignal design is what is best for the body. Personally, I'm not a fan of vegan or vegetarianism because I believe nature intended for humans to eat meat. Heck, you can see in the fact that we have canine teeth. I also believe that nature did not intend for humans to eat certain vegetables and grains and that's why certain vegetables and grains taste horrid and are practically unedible for humans in its natural uncooked state. But that's just my personal opinion.
10/9/07 5:06 AM
Zero1
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Oct-07

Tony has a different diet since the ninetees. He is using green vegetables and green drink and is doing an alkaline diet much like Randy Couture.

Take care

Björn
www.FighterFitness.net

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.