UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> need some help

10/10/07 2:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sepe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Oct-07

I'm wanting to get a big tattoo on my leg, knee to the ankle. I'm wanting a fairly realistic looking ocean scene and the only work I've found online that looks good of stuff like that is Deano Cook. I'm not exactly sure(as far as the fish) what I want in it. I do want tons of color from the coral and bright fish up to a bit of spray/wind waves just at the bottom of the knee. Any specific kinds of fish or places to look for good coral/fish pics would be cool. I'm wanting to piece pics together so that when I've found someone that can do it justice, I'll have it mostly laid out and then the artist will be able to tweak it for fit and whatever will allow the best looking tattoo. I know fitting a ton of stuff in will be kind of difficult because of size/proportion. If I can find the money and time(and Deano is still in Marietta) I'll try to hit up Psycho and let him do the work.
10/10/07 1:44 PM
MarioB
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Oct-07
Deano does really nice realistic underwater scenes, and is still in Marietta as far as I know. "Any specific kinds of fish or places to look for good coral/fish pics would be cool." I would go to a bookstore and research some scuba magazines/books. Books on coral reef creatures, research books for the coral itself. You're on the right path..get as much visual reference as you can, give your ideas and references to your artist and let him have fun with it. Deano does a lot of his own underwater photography so I'm sure he'll get a kick out of that project. Good luck!
11/13/07 2:53 PM
BabyHand
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Nov-07

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.