UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Have a gr8 story but where to strt

10/12/07 2:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bojarner
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Oct-07

My Grandfather is a survivor of a Nazi prison camp and has an incredible =, almost unbelievable story. I have thought about starting with putting together a bunch of questions and interviewing him on camera. The problem is, what do I do after that? I have no idea, but truly the story could rival some of the greats. Can someone help me with the steps I need to take?
10/17/07 10:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BarkLikeADog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Oct-07
OK, first things first: What are you talking about? Are you asking about making a fictionalized feature film based on your gramps? A documentary? A home movie? There's something you're thinking; what is it? Do you have any production background? Not that not having it is necessarily a bad thing; just that we need to know how to gear our advice. Is he interested in a project? Most vets don't like talking about that stuff outside their immediate family, if at all. I should also mention before we begin that there are two major national-level projects that focus on this already; one is a private org that puts together vid docs of regular people for a kind of databank, & the other interviews WWII vets specifically for the Library of Congress/National Archive.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.