UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> ph.D. programs in philosophy?

5/4/08 6:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bleier
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't get me wrong, Rutgers has an amazing phil programme, just uber-analytic.  Half the faculty may be actual brains-in-vats.  Stich, Goldman, Fodor, Lepore were all there at one time, maybe still.  Stich actually may have started doing more new stuff like x-phil.

5/12/08 10:51 PM
Steppenwolf
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what's "x-phil?" the over-analytic is something i cannot take seriously. disembodied heads miss the point of living
5/13/08 12:30 AM
bleier
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

x-phil = experimental philosophy

very cool new "wave" combining cog-sci, neuro-imaging, phil-psych, etc.  Heavy implications for ethics especially imho.  Take a look at Joshua Knobe and Joshua Green, Jesse Prinz, Shawn Nichols.  If I did grad school all over, I would do x-phil.

5/13/08 3:43 AM
Steppenwolf
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks, when i'm done with my heidegger paper ill check that out
5/13/08 2:25 PM
bleier

Edited: 05/14/08 5:47 PM

just remember vom Wesen der Wahrheit ist vom Wahrheit der Wesen or something like that.

5/15/08 3:20 PM
bleier

Don't laugh, I'm doing pretty well now that I'm night manager!

5/29/08 11:55 PM
thesleeper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By the way, Habermas is a visiting professor at Northwestern. Dietz is the editor of political theory and he is on the board as well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.