UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> homosexuality is not a choice...

10/24/07 7:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thesleeper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Oct-07

that phrase is too biology-centric. Of course for a homosexual it is natural to be gay, but I'm not too sure it is determined by genetics. Discuss.
10/25/07 11:53 PM
thesleeper

Edited: 25-Oct-07
By the way, that is a quote from a gay rights activist.
10/27/07 4:23 PM
thesleeper

Edited: 27-Oct-07
"All I know is homosexuality is not biologically/evolutionarilly normal." There are alot of examples in nature of gaity, even among mammals. Are you telling me that they are aberrations? What exactly is natural, anyway?
10/27/07 5:04 PM
the tomas

It would seem to me that procreation for survival is necessary, hence neccesity for male/female relationships. However, species population and stability are also needed and homosexual animals would not contribute to over population. Sexuality seems to be as natural as breathing for sexually mature adults. However, are there not only a few species that we have documented as having recreational sex? If a homo relationship is not for pleasure or reproduction, what function does it serve in the animal kingdom? In my experience, homosexual couples were also extremely stable parents and have made the hetero couples that I have known look like quarreling, obnoxious toddlers. I know what is healthy and its people with healthy self esteem for themselves and others. I cannot imagine any of the queers that I know being straight - that would seem unnatural.
10/27/07 5:50 PM
thesleeper

Gaity as population control could be natural... Some sort of social adaptation device, maybe.
11/2/07 8:49 PM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Nov-07
I know a dog that eats cat shit. I don't think it has to but it likes it. The dog is also gay
11/3/07 3:46 PM
thesleeper

Edited: 03-Nov-07 06:38 PM
Go read the 'Are you born gay or do just turn' thread on the main forum AIU. It really questions your assumption.
11/4/07 8:47 PM
thesleeper

Edited: 04-Nov-07
Go read the other thread, I am not typing all that shit again. I will bump it.
11/5/07 11:38 PM
havokk_15
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Nov-07
"In conclusion, there is no evolutionary advantage to homosexulity" There is no evolutionary advantage to eating out a chick or doing her in the poop shoot yet millions of straight dudes do it. Anyway, I think homosexuality is nature's way of population control. If all the homosexuals were suddenly straight, there would be way too many damn babies in the world. Everyone should NOT have babies.
2/4/08 1:53 AM
Jenny Wishbone

Edited: 04-Feb-08
Calling something "not a choice" isn't the same as saying it is biologically based.
2/5/08 5:53 AM
Indrek R.
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Feb-08
Some of you have a really thin idea of what is of evolutionary advantage and what is not. Robin Baker argues in "Sperm Wars" f. ex. that there definately is an evolutionary reason "to eating out a chick". I suggest you read "The Moral Animal" by Robert Wright. Already in Use that is some bad bad reasoning...
2/9/08 5:30 PM
kalki

Edited: 09-Feb-08
homosexuality is another name for "Look at me I need attention and special rights".......but i do agree that they don't have a choice at be'n insecure....Why can't homo's live their lives without my opinion??? AKA who cares what you do buddy......and this is not homophobia, I'm just not PRO-homo , its just who cares what you do???

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.