UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> 31, thinking of military, Nurse

10/26/07 12:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sourcheese
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Oct-07

I have always wanted to join the military, I think its the duty of any male in our country to serve in the military. We live here, we should be apart of what protects our country. I actually applied when I was 19 to the marines. but was denied because of a felony charge and a few misdemeaners. (possession intent to distribute marijuana felony, and misdimeaner minor in possesion of alcahol) Eventually became a nurse and I am nurse now with almost 4 years experience in a community hospital. Med/surg and tele observation. Health wise Im even better shape than when I was 19. I can run 8 miles first thing when I wake up in about 47 minutes, (do it every other day) do mma, wieght training, plyometrics, so forth. so that wouldnt be an issue. Im wondering if anyone here knows what nursing is like for any of the services, what to expect, deployment, pay, educational opportunities and if the crap I did when I was 19 would be an issue. things holding me back are... lack of knowledge of what its like, distrust of recruiters, and also that I have a girlfreind who is in college working to finish a bachelers then masters in psychology.
11/2/07 11:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
StephenL
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Nov-07
and also that I have a girlfreind who is in college working to finish a bachelers then masters in psychology. you're old enough to know that you should never let a GF get in your way of career. stephen

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.