UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Serious question for Mario....

10/26/07 9:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JHG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Oct-07

Mario, looking to start my sleeve.   The pictures below are of one of Chris Garvers' pieces...  Obviously I don't want the same tattoo, but this is the idea that I've been playing with for a few years now.  In your professional opionion what do you believe the price range (on average of course) of something like this would be? I realize that alot of different things factor into the price, but i have to start budgeting this thing in.  LOL, the wife is cool with the tattoo, but I'm sure she won't be with the price! LOL!

On another note, still planning stopping in next time I'm up that way....  My wife is actually up there right now for a Veterinary Seminar in Asheville...... 

10/26/07 9:35 PM
MarioB

That's a tough one. Something like that would probably take me in the range of 20 - 25 hours worth of work. And any good artist that's been in the industry awhile will charge..on average..around 150.00 per hour. I normally knock it down a bit about half way thru if I think the person is serious about it..but thats just me. Some guys will charge you to the minute, but you get what you pay for. Very cool piece though. I should have had Chris tattoo me when I had the chance about 12 years ago. Shoot me an email if you're around the area, its always cool meeting up with OG'ers. Btw, tell the wife that in the course of a lifetime, most women spend WAY more on clothes and shoes than that piece will cost...and you get to keep it for the rest of your life!
10/26/07 10:04 PM
JHG

"Btw, tell the wife that in the course of a lifetime, most women spend WAY more on clothes and shoes than that piece will cost...and you get to keep it for the rest of your life!" Well put! I will.... Thanks for the info.....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.