UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> The Ducks...

11/3/07 9:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goeb
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Nov-07

the predicted winners of the Stanley Cup this season by the hockey news. I thought maybe I was underrating them going into the season cause I thought they wouldn't even win the division so i kept my mouth shut. I meant no Scott Neidermayer, no Selanne, as anyone really surprised they are struggling. they lost their best defenseman and scorer. The coyotes have played 3 less games than them and they both have the same amount of wins. With an improved Kings team, could the Ducks possibly find themselves at the bottom of the Pacific soon? Sure would be funny.
11/4/07 4:48 AM
Steamfitter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Nov-07
dude, have you even looked at the standings lately? the oilers are in last place in the conference and 30th overall in the league.
11/6/07 4:06 PM
snigglefish

Edited: 06-Nov-07
The Stanley Cup hangover is real. Carolina is basically the same team they were last year that missed the playoffs and are off to a great start compared to last years defending disaster.
11/6/07 11:42 PM
goeb
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Nov-07
No they aren't the same team as last season. Less injuries, plus they got Cullen back which forms a solid 3rd line and helps their PP. Hamilton is extremely underrated, so he helps them out too. I don't believe their PP improved that much just out of the blue, those additions helped. I'm not aiming this towards you, just a lot of so called experts say this cane steam isn't much different on paper than last season. Well fact is, it wasn't supposed to be. Hamilton and Cullen weren't expected to make the impact they did. Stillman is also actually healthy this season. But with Cullen back they look more like the 05-06 Canes than the 07-08 Canes that used Vasicek , Belanger, and Anson carter.
11/13/07 7:09 PM
R-Mon

Edited: 13-Nov-07
Does Burkie save cap space while Selanne and Neids are out?
11/13/07 9:24 PM
snigglefish

Edited: 13-Nov-07
But I don't think they are that much different. I'll give you that a) Hamilton is underrated and b) Cullen has chemistry with guys on this team that make him better than he is on others....(see Belanger who was a force in Atlanta after being traded by us). Hell..maybe I'm half talking myself out of this argument...maybe Cullen is the X Factor and they are that much different? Regardless...there was a lot of wound licking last year and I believe it hampered them.
11/14/07 1:42 AM
goeb

Edited: 14-Nov-07
"Hell..maybe I'm half talking myself out of this argument...maybe Cullen is the X Factor and they are that much different? Regardless...there was a lot of wound licking last year and I believe it hampered them." No your argument is correct. I'm just saying with Cullen back their lineup looks more like the 05-06 team on paper, same 3 centres, and basically the same top 9 forwards not including Walker. Only thing is he's having a bigger impact on the PP, even strength he's been nothing special unless he's been paired with decent wingers. Him and Roddy are my fav players on the canes, but Cullen isn't the X-factor (he's weak defensively, overskates the puck, falls down easily, usually doesn't keep his head up, etc), the x-factor clearly is Stillman in my opinion. He was pretty much nowhere to be found when he returned last season. Now he's back to his old self again and continues to be the most underrated player in the league. However, the canes have no good PP quarterbacks, I mean Kaberle stinks. Hedican ain't much. Seidenberg and gleason are still improving their offensive game. So there is more pressur eon hamilton to score goals on the PP with his rocket form the point, and more pressure on Matt to distribute the puck, make the right outlet pass, etc, and he does that pretty well (hence all the ridiculous amount of assists and lack of goals).
11/15/07 10:18 PM
snigglefish

Edited: 15-Nov-07
goeb...I bow before your analysis. Jeebus man you must watch a lot of hockey if the Canes are not your team. Going tomorrow with some lower level tix for a tilt against Atlanta. Some redemption hopefully for the disaster against the Lightning who always have our number. D will be the downfall of this team this year.
11/16/07 2:30 PM
goeb

Edited: 16-Nov-07
I don't know what it is about the canes, but have always kinda cheered for them in the back of my mind (which is why I can give you an analysis of that team, cause I try to catch their games when i can, and always catch the highlights) A) I love Roddy, Cullen ( gotta admit only liked him starting after the lockout when i finally got NHL centre-ice, I'm look who is this diamond in the rough), and of course Wesley, underrated stay-at-home defenseman for a long time in the NHL, stick with his team through the bad and the good. B) I like Jim Rutherford and the way Karmonos treats him, he has kept him around for awhile despite how long it took the canes to win a playoff series. he is a very smart GM. C) The fans of the canes are great. I think some false and negative stereotypes of Raleigh just being full of Nascar fans not true. I use to go on the message board on their site, and they have very knowledgeable fans that really care about the team, there were no stupid trolls or anything. It looks like Rutherford will need to pick up a good defensive player that can help kill penalties. Wesley and gleason can't do it alone, wallin is injured. I know Dallas needs some offense and they got good depth on defense, maybe they'll work something out. Problem is Canes don't really have anyone they want to let go of on offense probably .
12/16/07 5:24 AM
goeb

Edited: 16-Dec-07
Looks like I might've jinxed the Canes by going off topic. So anyways back on topic.... "dude, have you even looked at the standings lately? the oilers are in last place in the conference and 30th overall in the league." Well now that the Oilers have handed the Ducks their ass repeatedly this year in blowout games, maybe my post doesn't seem so far fetched. Ducks struggling to hang on to a playoff spot, maybe Scotty will help them out, but I think it might be another Stanley Cup hangover again to be honest.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.