UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> inSPEARed in Florida

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sean Mulligan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

There is not much more that i can say to top Tony's post, except this; The night before i left to Talahasse, during a road side stop which resulted in the arrest of a male for DWI, one of our officer's was knocked unconcious as a result of a 'sucker-punch' and the partner was drawn into a physical fight initiated by a similiar 'sucker-punch' right after the first. Both officer's were injured and have a combined street experience of over 20 years. There were many thoughts running through my head while flying and waiting for connections to my final destination as to how this could've happened. "Presumed Compliance", Impropper training or more specifically lack of training or was i missing something else? This week in Talahasse re-affirmed my beliefs in the SPEAR System as it pretains specifically to LEO's. After the week of training was complete, i was left with only two thoughts; One, why are more LEO's not studying this system to better prepare themselves for the real attack on the street so that they can avoid becoming a statistic, and two, what do i have to do to make this happen within my dept. I have been to several seminars and courses with Mr. Blauer and can honestly say that the material and the presentation continue to get better each and every time. Although i believed that i possessed an understanding of this system, i left knowing that many holes and gaps in what i believed, was doing, and was teaching, were now solidified even more so then before. Anyone out there in protective services who are constantly finding themselves up against dangerous situations has got to research this system to it's fullest capacity. It's through this process and a series of lightbulb moments that you'll learn real confrontation management. I can go on but you've got to experience it for yourselves! Sean www.tonyblauer.com
truart

Hi All! The SPEAR System instructor development course in Tallahassee was another successful event. LEO Trainers from all over the USA attended. All of them were impressed with the system's effectiveness, efficiency, and versatility during real life violent confrontations. These veteran trainers refered to the training as the "...most realistic..", "...the best school I've gone to in years..."; and Coach Blauer was called by a veteran Martial artist and Military hand to hand combat instructor "...the best I have ever met or trained with..." The course and Mr. Blauer received top scores in all the areas of the student's written critique's at the end of the week. I was very fortunate to attend and learn more in-depth details of the SPEAR system (I have about 25 pages of notes to digest 8-))...from Coach Blauer's and Sean Mulligan's excellent instruction. In general a lot of important information was passed on to these trainers so that officers on the street are safer. As the SPEAR system continues to gain wide acceptance in he LEO and Military community I urge any ME readers who have relatives or friends who are LEO's to have them look into the SPEAR system. It has saved lives and prevented officer injuries throughout the US and abroad. Stay Safe! Tony Torres Va. Beach. Va
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Thanks guys, it was great having you there to assist me. I'm looking forward to your presentation of select elements from the 3-hour program at next weeks PDR :-) Tony

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.