UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Fergie or Wenger?

11/10/07 6:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1st Round Armbar
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Nov-07

Which do you think is the best manager? Man Utd and Arsenal have both built loads of amazing teams with these 2 in charge and both squads are quite new again this season, I am a Man Utd fan so I'd go for Fergie but they are both so brilliant. Fergie has won more trophies but also he has had more money to spend. Man Utd and the Arse are playing better football than anyone in England, it's the most successfull and the most entertaining, and I can't wait to see how the season unfolds I think it's going to be one of the best seasons in Premier League history. Also I am gutted Chelsea sacked Jose it would have been great to see how he would have fared this season.
11/10/07 10:56 AM
Govnor@tombradyfan.com
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Nov-07
Wenger is probably the best manager year in and year out over the last 10 years IMO. Well...him and A'rry are probably the top 2.
11/10/07 3:51 PM
samichlaus
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Nov-07 03:55 PM
11/12/07 7:09 AM
Shotgun Mick

Edited: 12-Nov-07
I'd go for Fergie just for the sheer number of trophies he has won.
11/13/07 4:25 PM
sak-fu

Edited: 13-Nov-07
wenger. arsenal's funds have never been close to man u's until this year. arsenal play technical football
11/19/07 11:58 PM
Yougottawanna

Edited: 19-Nov-07
Wenger IMO
11/27/07 2:43 PM
jstkickin

Edited: 27-Nov-07
Wenger brings in young talent and developes his players, obviously some of the prettiest soccer. But Fergie just knows how to get hardware
12/6/07 3:59 AM
Jenny Wishbone
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Dec-07
They are both great managers, though tactically you have to give the edge to Fergie. Wenger's primary problem as a manager is his one dimensional passing all the way to the box style. Arsenal have produced a lot of great sides under Wenger, though his track record in Europe is less than impressive for a club of Arsenal's stature. Yes you could say that he laid the foundations for Arsenal's current success in Europe, though it was only recently that it paid any dividends. Even with the likes of Henry and Berkamp the Arsenal teams of the 2000s have under performed. In contrast, despite winning "only" one European cup, United under Fergie has consistently performed in Europe. I believe their track record, as far as consecutive quarter final appearances in the Champions League, is a record for any team. Fergie does seem to do a better job at adapting to different styles. Where Wenger has the edge is in locating and nurturing raw talent. Fergie could use a bit of work in that department, though the current crop of youngsters at United - Ronaldo, Anderson, Rooney and Nani - are impressive.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.