UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Obama speaking the truth!

11/15/07 4:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jellyman
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Nov-07
Le Shat does have a point. He's done a good job saying what he stands for, but he's not saying how he's going to do stuff. Restoring Habeus Corpus is one thing, but health care solved in a year? Not saying he's a liar, but I'd need details. Unfortunately, a campaign is not a good time to talk about ways and means it seems. Most politicians don't do that. Anyway, he is a very good speaker. I'm convinced he's sincere.
11/15/07 4:33 PM
cypherpunk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@KROYER: All I'm saying is that I think Kucinich is sincere. I don't necessarily agree w/ him, but I think he's being genuine when he talks. I'd also caution you against trusting any of the warmongers. They have been less than honest w/ the American public, and you don't want to be making decisions based on false information.
11/15/07 4:42 PM
PatK
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Le Shat does have a point. He's done a good job saying what he stands for, but he's not saying how he's going to do stuff.

Being from Illinois where he got into politics, he's a typical "do as I say, not as I do" candidate.

He sure talks a lot about both sides needing to come together, but his voting record says otherwise.

It's funny seeing people fawn over him, because nobody would have had a clue who he was if Blair Hull's ex-wife wouldn't have made accusations of abuse against him before the 2004 election. Hull was kicking the shit out of Obama in the polls until the allegations (which were never proven).

I don't think Obama will be able to withstand the heat when Hillary starts slinging mud.

I wish every election was between a guy like Obama and a guy like Paul

I'd agree with Fraser had Obama had more experience, but in general, he is 100% correct. We need more candidates that give people hope and raise interest and awareness in politics.
11/15/07 5:21 PM
bluedragon

Edited: 15-Nov-07 05:49 PM
Oh boy Kroyer, you sure showed me. Everything you speak about reaks of the fear ingrained in your head from "the right". You are one who thinks that "the libs" can't take care of any of the problems our country is facing. That kind of thinking is ignorant. I just wish you could pull the wool from your eyes and see the most every issue you rant aimlessly about has been intensified because of "your party's" handling of the issues you rant about. "libs are against every common sense approach to fighting terrorism" That is laughable, considering your "common sense" approach we have been taking the past 6 years has been a COMPLETE failure on all levels. The only thing your hero's approach has done is caused a million more jihadis that didn't exist. And the libs aren't "against" most everything you rant about. They just think they have a better way of doing it, and given the current state of affairs, I don't see how a reasonalbe person would think that this is a far fetched idea. You want more Bush and Clinton types, fine, more power to you. I don't. Bottom line is Obama offers a fresh outlook and a change to the status quo. Lobbyists will not control Washington like they do now when he becomes President. The Iraq occupation will come to an end almost immediately when he becomes President. For those that care, tune into the Dem. Presidential debate from Nevada tonight to see more. If we are lucky, maybe Hilldog will give us one of her classic double sided answers to a few questions.
11/15/07 5:57 PM
Dogman

Edited: 15-Nov-07 06:12 PM
"he makes use of "buzzwords" over and over again to make up for his lack of intelligence." LOL he will for sure win....Look at the Retard that has been elected twice.
11/15/07 6:09 PM
baxter stockman

he didn't say he was going to implement health care reform in his first year, he said he'd do it by the end of his first term. also, do you guys think clinton's recent mini-scandal involving canned debate questions will do? it seems like the media's being relatively hush about this -- probably because they're complicit in the matter, as well.
11/15/07 6:30 PM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"More like inflation caused by RAISING THE MINIMUM WAGE." I thought that the reason they wanted to raise minimum wage was because it had been effectively lowered by inflation.
11/15/07 6:51 PM
gregbrady

Hearing that guy talk makes Bush seem borderline retarded.
11/15/07 6:58 PM
baxter stockman

not that this is an original statement, but i think hearing bush talk makes bush sound borderline retarded.
11/15/07 7:34 PM
KROYER

cypherpunk: i'm just tired of the "its all america's fault" crowd and kasinich is a big one. what false information are you referring to? bluedragon: complete failure on all levels? how do u figure that? have we been hit again on our soil? NO. have there been numerous plots stopped? YES better way of doing it? doing what? they all say diplomacy. diplomacy is not working. you can't negotiate with fanatics that want to kill you and your family. you referred to my hero? who are you referring to? i have stated anyone as my hero. and of course u still did not tell me one thing that obama has done that makes him qualified to be president. still can't come up with anything, huh. it's okay, i knew you couldn't. and for the record, the person i wanted to see as next president is a brilliant man who is all about real solutions to serious issues. unfortunately he's not in the race. that would be newt.
11/15/07 7:52 PM
bluedragon

Edited: 15-Nov-07 09:00 PM
OK Kroyer, I will play your little game since I am bored. I think Obama has far and away the best leadership qualities of any one of the candidates. He has done great work with Americans living well below the poverty line. He is a candidate that has been against the occupation of Iraq since the start. That probably doesn't fall under a qualification in your book, but in mine it does. He has done great work on the veterans affairs committe, and he has been working WITH republicans on non-proliferation issues. He obviously doesn't have the "experience" that you are looking for, even though his entire life since Harvard he has been involved in politics at some level. If this past 7 years has shown us anything, it is that experience is the most over-rated thing in the world when it comes to politics. I have faith in him that he is not lying when he speaks. Can't say that for many politicians. "have we been hit again on our soil?" "Again" is the key word in your question above.
11/15/07 8:10 PM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems some people are confusing "experience" with "qualification". Many politicians in recent history have had the former, but not the latter.
11/15/07 8:19 PM
cp31

11/15/07 8:34 PM
jpm995
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry I listened and this to me is BS. He will end the war against alQuada. Does that mean just stop going after them? Surrender possibly? Claim victory? Or ask them to forgive us for causing them to bomb the trade centers. No special interest here [except the teachers union]. Keep raising min. wage. How about the small business owner that can't afford it? Socialized medicine will bankrupt America. When people get something for free they abuse it. Go to an emergency room and see people getting cold medicine. Sad to say but Obama or Hillary will win and we will lose freedoms and pay more taxes.
11/15/07 8:38 PM
jpm995
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The core message of all 3 religions is that God is Love. That's noble, but when these religions get turned into political tools so that each group demonizes the others, that's just tragic. Polarization and demonization get us nowhere" Yes but try to guess which one saws peoples heads off?
11/15/07 8:58 PM
KROYER

bluedragon: you're right, i don't consider him qualified. he is a talented speaker, that is all. and i disagree with him on every issue. him being against iraq doesn't impress me either. i want a president that is not going to put his/her head in the sand and hope these freaks decide to change their mind about destroying us and our way of life. i don't want war and i don't believe anyone does. to call a politician a warmonger is wrong. there are times when war is necessary and unfortunately we are living in such a time. do u really want us to lose this war? think of the consequences.
11/15/07 9:10 PM
baxter stockman

koyer, just so i understand better where you're coming from, could you explain (briefly): whether you think the war in iraq is valid whether you think the war in iraq is more or less valid than the war in afghanistan what you think the reasons we entered the war are what you think the goals of the war in iraq are (and, if you want, what you think they should be) and whether you think those goals have been met, are being met, and/or will be met. thanks
11/15/07 9:27 PM
bluedragon

Edited: 15-Nov-07 09:31 PM
"do u really want us to lose this war?" What war are you speaking on? I don't consider the occupation of Iraq a war. I don't think that going into a country, creating an enemy and then fighting them is considered a war. If you are speaking on the war going on in Afghanistan or the lack there of one going on in the tribal regions, no, of course I don't want to lose that war. Did you know that the Taliban (the organization that protected Bin Laden and his cronnies) have been taking over more and more regions in Afghanistan each passing month. They have also, along with the real AQ, been establishing their Sharia law in various villages in Pakistan? Do you think that would happen if we had all of our troops in that region instead of Iraq? The root of this "war" started in Afghanistan and Pakistan, continues today more than ever before, yet we have the vast majority of our resources elsewhere. That may make sense to you, but it does not to me. Did you know that Obama came out and said that he would order a strike on Pakistani soil if necessary without Pakistans consent? Of course you didn't. Is that too soft for you? Being harder on the most hardcore leadership of AQ than this current admin?
11/15/07 10:22 PM
Fraser

What about the small business owner that can only afford slaves? Life is unfair to them.
11/16/07 12:07 AM
KROYER

Edited: 16-Nov-07
BAXTER: yes the war is 100% valid, can u explain to me how it isn't? your view seems to be that we are fighting two wars, i submit to you we are fighting a war on terror and iraq and afghanistan are merely two different theaters of that war. 2 main goals were - 1. to topple sadam and his regime to ensure that wmd's were no available to terrorists (goal only 1/2 met, no certainty of the 2nd 1/2 of that goal) 2. to help establish another democratic allie in the middle east (not met) don't know if it will be. unfortunately the country is divided and will remain that way with all the negative coverage by the media and the democrats unable to support our troops because they can't get past their hatred for bush. BLUEDRAGON: i'm well aware of what obama said. a great example of his inexperience of foreign policy and why he must absolutely not be president.
11/16/07 12:33 AM
IDXtreme

Edited: 16-Nov-07
"The core message of all 3 religions is that God is Love" Show me where it says that in the koran. Trust me, It doesn't.
1/6/08 8:50 PM
bluedragon

Edited: 06-Jan-08
Regarding Obama striking inside the tribal areas: Kroyer: "BLUEDRAGON: i'm well aware of what obama said. a great example of his inexperience of foreign policy and why he must absolutely not be president." Kroyer, below comes from your hero's administration. Any thoughts on foreign policy now? "The New York Times reported that under a proposal being discussed in Washington, CIA operatives based in Afghanistan would be able to call on direct military support for counter-terrorism operations in neighbouring Pakistan. Citing unnamed senior administration officials, the newspaper said the proposal called for the granting of broader powers to CIA agents in order to strike targets in Pakistan"
2/28/08 2:48 AM
bluedragon

Edited: 28-Feb-08
Regarding Obama striking inside the tribal areas: Kroyer: "BLUEDRAGON: i'm well aware of what obama said. a great example of his inexperience of foreign policy and why he must absolutely not be president." Where are you Kroyer? Come get your medicine you fucking slut. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23381466/ Suspected missile attack kills 10 in Pakistan WANA, Pakistan - A missile struck a house in a Pakistani region known as being a safe haven for al-Qaida early on Thursday, killing 10 suspected militants including foreigners, intelligence officials and residents said. The attack took place near Kaloosha village in the South Waziristan tribal region on the Afghan border. "The blast shook the entire area," said resident Behlool Khan. A security official said he believed the missile was fired by U.S. forces who are operating in neighboring Afghanistan, and the house that was hit belonged to a Pashtun tribesman, Sher Mohammad Malikkheil, also known as Sheroo, who was known to have links with militants. "Ten people, most of them believed to be of Arab origin, were killed and seven wounded," said an intelligence official, who declined to be identified. He said it was not known if any top militant leaders were among the dead. Military spokesman Maj.-Gen. Athar Abbas said he was not aware of any such attack. U.S. forces have fired missiles at militants on the Pakistani side of the border several times in recent years, most recently on Jan. 28 when one of Osama bin Laden's top lieutenants, Abu Laith al-Libi, was killed in a strike in North Waziristan. That missile was believed to have been fired by a U.S. pilotless drone. Delicate issue of sovereignty However, neither U.S. nor Pakistani authorities officially confirm U.S. missile attacks on Pakistani territory, which would be an infringement of Pakistani sovereignty. Pakistan, an important U.S. ally despite widespread public opposition to the U.S.-led campaign against al-Qaida and the Taliban, says foreign troops would never be allowed to operate on its territory. Many al-Qaida members, including Uzbeks and Arabs, and Taliban militants took refuge in North and South Waziristan, as well as in other areas on the Pakistani side of the border after U.S.-led forces ousted the Taliban in Afghanistan in 2001. From sanctuaries in the lawless border belt, the Taliban have orchestrated their insurgency against the Afghan government and the U.S. and NATO forces supporting it. Increasingly, so-called Pakistani Taliban have been mounting attacks in Pakistani towns and cities, many aimed at security forces and other government targets. Al-Qaida's second-in-command, Ayman al-Zawahri, vowed revenge for Libi's killing. "No chief of ours had died of a natural death, nor has our blood been spilled without a response," Zawahri said in a video posted on an Islamist Web site on Wednesday, referring to Libi's killing. Up to 13 foreign militants were killed in the late January strike.
11/5/08 12:18 PM
bluedragon

TRUTH

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.