UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> pet stores make me sad

11/18/07 12:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Cannibal
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Nov-07

i was getting some mealworms and saw the sad state of affairs the iguana cage was in.....
made me think of my iguana tevnin who died a few years ago and i got pissed and chewed the clerk out
5/11/08 2:46 AM
JGMMA Maedchen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/11/08 2:52 AM
dude...they take horrible care of their animals. i was in a petsmart a few months ago and they had a tortoise who was upside down in his water tub...i said something to the clerk and he said "oh, he does that all the time."apparently he didnt know they get massive, life-threating respiratory infections from going upside down. he got an education about it from me but i really got the impression he didnt believe me, nor did he give a shit.i bought a guinea pig from petco just to give him a better life. he was filthy, his skin was bad, and his nails were grown all the way around into his feet.hes a 4lb silky studd now.i try my best not to give pet stores my business...not only is it depressing, but i dont want my money used to support animal abuse and neglect.
i worked at superpetz for about a month when i was 16...until i found out that the "love room" for the sick animals wasn't where they were taken to be treated and made better. they were just taking them out of the customers' view to die. disgusting.
if you check around, there are usually herp and exotic shows/swap meets at your local fairgrounds or convention hall. you can go there and usually hook up with a local breeder/grower of feeder animals, including crawlies. theyre usually WAY cheaper and more ethical.
5/11/08 3:09 PM
The Cannibal
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i see this forum has not yet made its way to the "love room"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.