UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Suzuki SV650 or Honda 599?

9/17/08 1:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cheeseburger
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh and TTT
10/7/08 3:18 PM
Atecexa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the Hyosung/UM line up has a factory naked 250 as well as a full fairing 250R model. They are essentially the same bike with different handlebar positions and front end. Either can be had well under $4k and my 250R gets about 78mpg right now and can do 100mph indicated. I put 3200 and counting so far on mine and have not had the slightest hiccup with it. And the best part is you can actually buy one unlike the Ninja 250R which I'm convinced only exists on the web and in magazines

Go look at a Hyosung/UM 650 naked and it's amazing how much it looks like the SV650...coincidence...i doubt it
10/7/08 10:09 PM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, but go on the sportbike forums and check out the problems people are having with hyosung. There is a reason why they are cheap.

I sat on the new 250R at a local dealership. No one was buying. It was like a minibike BTW, I wouldn't want to ride that everyday.
10/8/08 2:38 PM
Atecexa

almost none of which are from people who actually own one. it always seems to be a cousin of a friend whose dad had a problem with one. also many of the "issues" are generally a result of poor dealer prep. 3k hard miles on mine and not a single issue and 78mpg so far to top things off
10/9/08 9:49 AM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are a lot of folks jumping on the haterwagon, but there is a guy on SBN in cyprus who had serious multiple problems. Rear brake failure, snapped clutch cable, piston rod breaking, etc... He rides a 600rr now.

There are other owners who will go to war to defend the things. That is to be expected as there is always a bit of 'my bike is best' in everyone.

Dealer prep thing is a copout. All dealers employ shitty mechanics. For some reason even with the extremely high volume of the big 4 they don't have these types of issues. Or maybe the spotlight is shining on hyosung as the new kid and being korean. Time will tell.

3k is still breaking it in. I put 10k a year on my bikes. My current ride is 10 years old. I bought it wrecked and brought it back to roadworthiness. It fires up every morning without issue and still accelerates and handles like the day it rolled off the showroom floor. That is quality, and that is what hyosung has to compete against.
10/10/08 11:14 AM
Atecexa

yes that is true. if you pay for it you will own it and get it

i don't think my bike is the best thing on the road and if i could just take my pick of anything i wanted i would probably be rockin a Honda 919...but i'm not gonna spend $8k+ on a bike so for the price range this falls in it is a great bike. i just can't stand to hear people spout BS about stuff they have no clue about. I sell Honda cars for a living...best vehicle made quality wise on the planet and most people would agree with me...I've sold Accord's and Civic's brand new that were absolute nightmares and came back with numerous major and minor problems all inside the first few months. It happens and most of the time people dismiss it if you fix it properly however if it were a Hyundai that happened to people would be crucifying you and the car.
10/13/08 9:15 PM
howsyourhead
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I race for west coast GP cycles in west LA and run a toyota delaership also and IMO, the Hyosung's are garbage. Nothing but issues, just like the knock off cr50f's made in china that I used to have as a pit bike. There is no comparison between a bike made from the big 4 and a bike made in china or where evern hyosung is made.
10/13/08 10:23 PM
mad tiger

all those yellers/slants look alike huh? lol

despite the obvious pointed out by captain racist here id have to some what agree. I owned a 110cc "pit" bike from china.. thing sucked ass big time... BUT im also pretty sure that the co. in china that made it hasnt been around for 50 years either like the KOREAN motorcyle co. Hyosung.
10/15/08 10:58 PM
mad tiger

damn followed it up with "jap"... I bet your relmet has a dixie flag on it huh?

"damn you americans with your BEEEG penis"
10/15/08 11:42 PM
mad tiger

yes... "jap" is to japanase as *igga is to an african man.

round here we call them crotch rockets *the bike's not the asian's
10/16/08 4:29 AM
mad tiger

im just fukn with you whitey lol
10/16/08 10:51 AM
big_slacker

We call them rice rockets or sportbikes. I've seen people type jap bikes and its not derogatory, just never heard anyway say it in RL.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.