UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> Roy has been keeping me busy!

11/25/07 4:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Nov-07

I am eagerly anticipating Roy's new dvds. However the past few weeks I've been looking over most of Roy's instructionals (i'm sure I own most if not all of them). BJJ Over 40 rules, I utilized one of the defensive postures demonstrated, and used it with great success against a fellow white belt who usually would get side mount on me and proceed to get the paintbrush or kimura techniques on me. The posture worked perfectly, it allowed me to accomplish what I wanted to accomplish and what Roy said it is meant to accomplish. Mainly, buying myself time, not allowing my opponent openings except by moving and therefore taking some of his weight off of me and lastly reducing my taps. I will use these defensive postures more but it's going to be a long road to gaining that sensitivity and awareness and timing to use the right escape at the right time after the defensive posutre has caused my opponent to move and take his weight off. Anyway I'm taking tons of notes on BJJ 101 Revised DVD, BJJ 101 volume 2, and BJJ 201. Roy's information is great plain and simple.
11/25/07 10:35 PM
groundfighter2000
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, yeah i was confusing my training partner, he was trying to pry my arms up, im trying to stifle a grin and he goes "you're not giving me much here!" "LOL I have been studying a couple of his DVDs too, in anticipation of his new ones!" Yeah i figure i need to do that or else im gonna be backlogged when his new DVDs come out and i start taking notes on those
11/25/07 10:47 PM
beauregard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I often have questions that come up from rolling. I plan to ask Mr. Harris on his forum but I almost always find the answer on one of his Tapes or DVDs first. My favorite is the bent armlock tape. I can't believe how much awesome info is on that thing. Seamus

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.