UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> who will be next for england?

11/27/07 8:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
threeeleven
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Nov-07

capello, jose, klinsmann, redknapp, shearer or benitez? jose seems to be the fan favorite, but i honestly don't think he's goign to do it at this stage of his career.
11/27/07 9:09 PM
Govnor

Edited: 27-Nov-07
The Beeb has just reported the Jose is up for it in theory, but needs the FA to make something happen.

At this stage, I think we all have to accept the fact that England need the best man for the job. Half assing it just won't get it done. Jose is without question the best man for the job. They should give him everything he wants and then some.
11/28/07 5:29 AM
Joe Ray

Edited: 28-Nov-07
Jose will whip those boys into shape.
11/28/07 11:29 AM
billy914
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Nov-07
agree on Jose, hope he takes it
11/29/07 8:28 AM
Joe Ray

Edited: 29-Nov-07
Scotland are trying to arrange a double header against england after the new year. I'd give them a very good chance if England were managed by Eriksson or McClaren but not so much of a chance against Mourinho. Do you guys think the problem england have is that they have too many egos in the team and simply don't have a manager who can deal with them? Roy Keane was talking about this and said some things he head heard were unbelieveable although he wouldn't name names or give examples. If that is the case, that egomania is ruining England's chances then I'd say a man such as Mourinho would certainly sort them out.
11/29/07 2:25 PM
threeeleven

Edited: 29-Nov-07
during the big games, i think it's the pressure and expectations set by the media and the fans, combined with poor choices for (and by) managers. england never built up enough confidence or momentum before the match against croatia, and which was partially caused perhaps by players' egos and the manager not whipping them into shape when the easy games did come their way. I definitely think that Mourinho can change the players' attitudes, but how that can be sustained for the internationals calendar, we'll just have to see.
11/30/07 12:18 PM
jstkickin

Edited: 30-Nov-07
The chosen one JOSE!!! biggest test in world football!!! http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=486147&cc=5901
12/10/07 8:17 AM
threeeleven

Edited: 10-Dec-07
get ready to be disappointed.. latest rumor is that jose got offered a position by a mystery club, and will turn down the england job if offered by the fa
12/10/07 10:52 AM
Govnor

Then the FA will deny being interested in him at all...typical.
12/10/07 1:04 PM
threeeleven

It's official! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7137282.stm Mourinho out of England running Jose Mourinho Mourinho guided Chelsea to two Premier League titles Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has ruled himself out of the running to become the next England coach. After Steve McClaren was sacked by the Football Association, the FA held talks with Mourinho's agent Jorge Mendes. "After deep and serious thinking, I decided to exclude myself from being England manager," said Mourinho in a statement on his agent's website. "I'm sure the FA will hire a great manager, one able to place the team back where it belongs," he added. 606: DEBATE He's a manager that likes to work with his team everyday and International football wouldn't have given him that ronavidiggs In the statement Mourinho said he had held talks with both the FA's chief executive Brian Barwick and the organisation's director of football Trevor Brooking. Mourinho, together with Italian coaches Marcello Lippi and Fabio Capello had emerged as the three leading contenders for the England job. Lippi, 59, won the World Cup with Italy last summer and also boasts league and Champions League titles from his time with Juventus. Capello, 61, has won titles in both Spain and Italy and has already expressed his interest in the England job. However, both men speak only rudimentary English and have not yet been contacted by the FA. Last month McClaren was sacked after England failed to qualify for the Euro 2008 finals.
12/10/07 1:51 PM
Govnor

Booooo.

Both the I-Ties are great managers...but the not speaking the language part sucks and is a problem IMO.

I
12/11/07 6:04 PM
grizz632
579 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Dec-07
I'm officially throwing my hat into the ring for the England job. I lead them to a World Cup victory in FM '07...surely that puts me near the top of the list right?
12/12/07 6:46 PM
Le Shat

Edited: 12-Dec-07

It won't be this guy now, will it?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.