UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> gift for graduation from police ?

11/27/07 9:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
autotech
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Nov-07

what is a good gift to give a guy that has just graduated from the police academy? he is a young guy that used to fix cars with me.i was thinking maybe a good flashlight,maybe a nice pen for him to write a bunch of tickets:). or is a gift certificate to the resteraunt that we always hit after training a better idea?
11/28/07 11:41 AM
cycklops
317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Nov-07
high end Leatherman
12/2/07 2:56 PM
olfocker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Dec-07
Porac membership.
12/21/07 3:47 AM
Ze Dano
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Dec-07
St Michaels pendant
12/31/07 2:36 AM
pfsjkd
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Dec-07 02:42 AM
cyklops' idea is great.  But if you were a REAL friend, you'd get him a Blackhawk Gladius Flashlight!!  In case you don't wanna spend the $165 for that, then I would get a nice handcuff key, like the kind with a light in it.  The standard issue handcuff key is way too small.  Or a set of Hogue grips for his gun, but you would need to know the make and model for that.

If there's a cop shop near you, go in and look around.  There are all kinds of reasonably priced things that he might like/use.  Saw a little LED light that you can clip on your pocket that helps you write in a dark environment.  Just my $0.02.

5/14/08 10:42 AM
GAME-DOG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a job application to Burger King
5/15/08 9:21 AM
chinaski
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought my cousin a really nice one-hand opening knife with a metal handle, and had his grad date and troop number incribed on the side. Every cop needs a knife...

something like this

http://www.thompsonoutdoors.com/images/coldsteelrecon1tanto.jpeg

You keep the knife in your weak-hand pocket(opposite your holster) to assist with weapon retention.
5/17/08 1:32 PM
kchiasson

'Every cop needs a knife...'
agreed, thanks for the info chin.

Re gifts, when he looks back in a few years, the gift certs to the coffee shop and/or liquor store will be the most cherished. The flashlight always breaks, regardless of price!
7/30/09 6:51 PM
xbuckshotx

From High to Low: A nice Backup pistol, a nice knife (Spyderco, Benchmade, Kershaw, etc.), Extra mags for pistol (you can never have enough), Sunglasses (Oakley), Flashlight (Surefire, Pelican, Insight, Streamlight) I have a lot of this stuff and can always use more!!!
10/30/09 11:42 PM
1st Rnd KO
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give him a blow job. All cops love those.
12/16/09 11:21 PM
GladiatorGannon
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

autotech - what is a good gift to give a guy that has just graduatedfrom the police academy?he is a young guy that used to fix cars with me.i was thinking maybe a good flashlight,maybe a nice pen for him to write a bunch of tickets:).or is a gift certificate to the resteraunt that we always hit after training a better idea?

Good police flashlights are expensive as hell.
6/22/10 12:19 PM
CALI NATIVE

G23 for off duty carry.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.