UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Celtic do it again!

11/29/07 6:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe Ray
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Nov-07

A goal in the last minute to once again bring them three home wins out of three in the group stage of the Champions League, and against fine opposition as well. They now need a point against a milan side that has already qualified to go through. however even if shakhtae beat /benfica they should still go through on goal difference, as Shakhtar got humped by milan someting rotten over two legs. and Rangers need to at least draw with Lyons at home to go through. Remember they beat them 3-0 away. And well done ?English teams going through. i hope at least one of the Scottish teams draw one lof them if the go through.
11/29/07 7:39 AM
GunFighter

Sorry Joe - don't mean to piss on your strawberries - and I really hope Celtic qualify - but if Shakhtar win and Celtic lose then Celtic are out cos it's done head-to-head and Celtic lost 2-0 in the first game between them....
11/29/07 7:41 AM
Joe Ray

Damn sorry you are correct. I though because Celtic and Shakhtar won a game each it moved onto the general goal difference.
11/29/07 8:09 AM
Joe Ray

btw I have never heard this expression before. " don't mean to piss on your strawberries " I think I shall interject it into my regular convo from now on. Thank you Gunfighter.
11/29/07 9:55 AM
Extendo
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"don't mean to piss on your strawberries" That expression would either go over really well, or really poorly with a member of the Fraser Clan.
12/1/07 12:10 AM
hackett
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Dec-07
C'mon the Hoops. I know Donati, who scored the winner vs Shakhtar, is amped to meet his old team again. It will be very tough to hold AC Milan to a draw away from Paradise, but I BELIEVE. TH
12/4/07 8:32 PM
hackett
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Dec-07
Donati played awful, Celtic really slowed down as the game wore on, and staggered to a 1-0 defeat. Scott Brown had Celts only chance at a goal. McGeady had a little spark, that's about it. Kind of a lousy game in front of a sparse crowd. The away crowd's rendition of "Fields of Athenry" was probably the best thing about it But Benfica wins, so the Bhoys qualify for the second year in a row. Best of luck to Gers, it'd be nice to see two Scottish teams in there TH
12/5/07 5:36 AM
Joe Ray

Edited: 05-Dec-07
Once again Celtic win three games at home and lose three games away. If they could learn to get results away from home they could really do well in the Champions League, because they are practically unbeatable at Celtic park.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.