UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Weapons Training DVD's

12/1/07 5:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
merryprankster_au
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Dec-07

I'm new to any form of weapons training, was wondering if anyone could suggest a few good DVD series ( such as Dog Brothers Dan Inosanto etc.) which would be good for someone starting out. I am looking for realistic training methods, ideally shown in a simple, easy to follow method. Thanks:)
12/1/07 5:53 PM
lerdrit

Edited: 01-Dec-07
Ray Floro's DVDs would fit the bill.
12/2/07 9:41 PM
psychoslasher

Edited: 02-Dec-07
The Dog Brothers always keep it real!
12/2/07 11:22 PM
Sisco T

Edited: 02-Dec-07
''I am looking for realistic training methods, ideally shown in a simple, easy to follow method.'' in my opinion if this it what you want dog bros. material is definitely what you'd want to look into. don't discount their 1st series either even if it older. can' get more simple, easy to follow, or realistic. Francisco
12/4/07 9:17 PM
psychoslasher

Edited: 04-Dec-07
I definately agree.
12/18/07 3:44 PM
merryprankster_au

Edited: 18-Dec-07
thanks for the advice:) Was looking at getting both the Dog Brothers 1.st series ( was also considering the DB's staff DVD) and Raymond Floro's DVD, so good to know I'm on the right track:)
12/18/07 7:15 PM
merryprankster_au

Edited: 18-Dec-07
BTW, wondering what peoples opinion is on joining the DBMAA? Was wondering how much the info this would give me access to would assist my training. Would I be better off spending the money on another training DVD? Am trying to enhance my "long distance" learning as much as possible.
1/2/08 12:45 PM
Sisco T

Edited: 02-Jan-08
i think, if you are serious about furthering you training in DBMA, becoming a member is invaluable. guro marc is in the members forum all the time AND answers any questions you may have.there are some vid clips there, a lot of technique sequences, and other DVDs that aren't on the public site, you get discounts on the gear and DVDs offered on the site,etc. in short it's huge resource for your training. i know there are alot of other member sites out there and the only one i can compare it to is erik paulson's site, of which i am a member. that member site left ALOT to be desired. Francisco
1/6/08 9:06 AM
Dark Knight
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jan-08
I got Ray floro's DVD. "I am looking for realistic training methods, ideally shown in a simple, easy to follow method." Hits it perfect. I own Scott Sonnons, Vunaks from the 80's and some others. Rays is direct, realistic and effective. Good buy
1/7/08 5:11 PM
merryprankster_au

Edited: 07-Jan-08
Thanks a lot for the advice, guys, vey useful:) Would the Matt THornton stick fighting DVD be worth purchasing if you already owned the Dog Brothers Series 1 and Ray Floro DVD? Would there be new, valuable info? Would the instruction/style clash?
1/7/08 11:50 PM
Dark Knight
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Jan-08
Ray Floro's is different. Its very usefull, good information. It is not typical phillipean martial arts. It will add to your skills. It may not be the end all of styles, but it is different and worth seeing.
1/8/08 12:43 AM
merryprankster_au

Edited: 08-Jan-08
thanks Dark Knight:) Has anyone seen the Matt Thornton DVD?
1/8/08 2:01 AM
Sisco T

i have. again i say skip it and if your interested on what's on that go to attacking blocks and combining stick and footwork. SBG bjj and mma stuff is good, but i don't think that smac program is. again my personal opinion. there IS better material regarding impact weapons and FMA available. Francisco
1/8/08 3:11 AM
Dark Knight

Sure, I hope it came across right. I like the DVD and reccomend it. If you are looking for an effective way to win with a knife, that is easy to learn and fast to apply, his is it. Kind of like when SBG came out with the funtional JKD series, everyone saw high percentage stuff that works. But I would like to see more come out from him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.