UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> John Terry........... The Twat

12/1/07 6:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kabukikidd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Dec-07

Why are refs so afraid of this guy? In two premiership games in a row, I see him get away with murder. First in the Derby game, which Kenny Miller was denied an absolute beauty of a goal from a shady offside, John Terry leads a mad rush of Chelsea to go after the ref and scream in the poor guys face. Essien deserved the red card. A booking was deserved, IMO, for berating the ref. Then in the West Ham game, I watch Terry choke Boa Morte, and Boa Morte shove his thumb in the 27 going on 40 year olds mouth. Both players should have been booked. JT is a bully.
12/1/07 6:53 PM
BaldTony
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ANYONE who shouts at, or is aggressive in any way to a Ref should be sent off immediately. No exceptions. It's not PC to say, but it's very obvious that Football is a game for scum, and Rugby isn't, when you look at the conduct of players and fans.
12/1/07 8:05 PM
kabukikidd

I couldn't agree more Tony. I've seen way too many moments this season with players going after the refs that it is ridiculous. It has gotten to the point where I believe the refs are intimidated going into the matches. It would go a ways towards helping to explain the bad officiating this year. And it isn't just John Terry, but I think he is the worst culprit. If you put Bellamy or Barton in his place in either of the two scenarios I mentioned, I am guessin there would have been a red card given.
12/3/07 9:31 AM
Govnor

Edited: 03-Dec-07
2 things here.

1) Yes, absolutely they need to get tough with players and adopt the American Sports mentality of "if you step to ref, you will regret it". Enough is enough, they also need to get tougher with diving. Both contribute to the "cheating mentality" in todays game.

2) BT - There is plenty of "scum" on the Front Row in top level Rugby. They don't whine and complain to the ref,  but that's because they try and do everything behind his back and get away with it. When they get caught they don't complain much, but really, it's just as scummy trying to punch someone behind the ref's back as it is running up to him and whining.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.