UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> SPEAR System Course.

12/2/07 7:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
itsahak
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Dec-07

I just came back from this course. It was held in Va Beach at the VB Law Enforcement Training Academy. Honestly, I'm blown away! I've read articles from and about Tony Blauer for years, but have never had the opportunity to actually see any of his material. This class was definitely an eye opener! Taught by Tony Torres, this course is just what I and my department have been looking for! Mr. Torres was an incredible instructor, tough and thorough. His knowledge of the system is obvious, and I felt I'd gotten my (or more adequately, my departments) money's worth by Tuesday! As an avid martial arts practitioner since the age of 10, having done the fight thing, and as a LE DT instructor and MMA school owner I found it enlightening and educational to see and learn the things we did in this course! It has definitely opened my eyes to some of the shortcomings of my personal training, my students, and fighters training, as well as knowing that it will definitely have a significant impact on my departments use of force policies. If you ever have the chance to attend this course, jump through whatever hoops you can/have to to get there!!!!
12/3/07 3:52 PM
Tony Blauer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Dec-07
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Thanks for the feedback. It was a great turnout and a nice homecoming for Tony Torres, getting to work with a lot of old colleagues. Remember to log onto our private forum and start interacting with other LEO's! Stay safe, Tony
2/13/08 4:09 PM
Neckcranku
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Feb-08
I'd love to attend a SPEAR course, will there be any others in VA Beach area that are open to the public (Meaning those who aren't LEO and aren't PDR members)?Thanks!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.