UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Ron Paul Does BJJ?

12/5/07 11:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dokkalfar
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Dec-07

Makes other GOP candidates TAPOUT!!!!

.............Just Bleed!

12/5/07 11:42 AM
Master Bayder
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Larry Craig does BBBJ.
12/5/07 11:49 AM
Brigham
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Dec-07 11:53 AM
I really like Ron Paul. The only thing is, his past comments are going to kill him. He has made rather racial comments in the past and that's just something you can't escape as a presidential candidate. I'm on the "Anybody but Hilary" train.
12/5/07 11:50 AM
JOB
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What sort of racial comments? Not entirely up on american politics but Ron Paul seems like a good guy from the debates I've seen him in.
12/5/07 11:53 AM
Brigham
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is from a 1992 news letter that I pulled up on Google. "A 1992 newsletter by Republican congressional candidate Ron Paul highlighted portrayals of blacks as criminally inclined and lacking sense about top political issues. Reporting on gang crime in Los Angeles, Paul commented: "If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be." Paul, a Surfside obstetrician who won the GOP nomination in the 14th District runoff by defeating incumbent Rep. Greg Laughlin, said Wednesday he opposed racism. He said his written commentaries about blacks came in the context of "current events and statistical reports of the time." Paul's Democratic opponent, Charles "Lefty" Morris, said many of Paul's views were "out there on the fringe" and that this fall voters would judge his commentaries. Morris' campaign distributed selected writings by Paul this week. Paul, a former congressman and one-time Libertarian presidential nominee, said allegations about his writings amounted to name-calling by the Democrats. He said he'd produced the newsletter since 1985 and distributes it to an estimated 7,000 to 8,000 subscribers. Writing in his independent political newsletter in 1992, Paul commented about black men in the nation's capital. Citing statistics from a 1992 study produced by the National Center on Incarceration and Alternatives, a criminal justice think tank based in Virginia, Paul concluded in his column: "Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal." "These aren't my figures," Paul said this week. "That is the assumption you can gather from" the report. He also wrote: "Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action."
12/5/07 11:54 AM
Brigham

I really love his views on politics but this is something that he is not going to be able to escape. It sucks as, he's the best republican candidate IMO.
12/5/07 11:57 AM
JOB
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah - it's hard to hide that.
12/5/07 12:08 PM
ptm2020
1155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"This is from a 1992 news letter that I pulled up on Google. " oh ok, it must be %100 real then
12/5/07 12:09 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Hillary Clinton does Bj's.... " Doubt it. If she did, Willy wouldn't have to find interns to help him out..
12/5/07 12:12 PM
TBidness
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ron Paul is the best republican canidate hands down.
12/5/07 12:24 PM
straight right
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to be called fleet footed
12/5/07 12:26 PM
Brigham

Edited: 05-Dec-07 12:31 PM
"oh ok, it must be %100 real then " Yea because when campaigning for office, the other candidates will focus on things that are proven 100% factual and won't just go off this to get the general publics attention and media attention. You underestimate the intentions of the drive by media. Ron Paul has also defended his comments by saying that he was misquoted but he did not deny his stance on the topics.
12/5/07 12:30 PM
Brigham

This is from FreeMarketNews.com Internet information claiming that presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-TX) is a racist – and made derogatory comments about African Americans - has been making the rounds within the blogosphere. But sources close to the editorial group that published the newsletter (or newsletters) that supposedly carried the comments claim that Ron Paul never had anything to do with them, and wasn't even aware of them. These sources say that editorial operation in question was a fairly large one, and profitable for its time - focused in large part on measures that one could take to generate a lifestyle independent of government influence and intervention. The publication, or publications, comprised a business venture to which Ron Paul lent his name. Headquarters were "60 miles away" from Ron Paul's personal Texas offices. At the time that the publications were being disseminated, primarily in the 1980s, Ron Paul was involved in numerous activities including Libertarian politics. He eventually ran for U.S. president as a Libertarian. "This was a big operation," says one source. "And Ron Paul was a busy man. He was doctor, a politician and free-market commentator. A publication had to go out at a certain time and Ron Paul often was not around to oversee the lay out, printing or mailing. Many times he did not participate in the composition, either." This source and others add that publications utilized guest writers and editors on a regular basis. Often these guest writers and editors would write a "Ron Paul" column, under which the derogatory comments might have been issued. Says one source, "Ron Paul didn't know about those comments, or know they were written under his name until much later when they were brought to his attention. There were several issues that went out with comments that he would not ordinarily make. He was angry when he saw them."
12/5/07 12:30 PM
Brigham

Ron Paul has said that he did not write the comments in question, but, nonetheless, has taken "moral" responsibility for them. An excerpt from an apparent interview with Texas Monthly as quoted on the blog Everything2.com clarifies the above information as follows: "In spite of calls from Gary Bledsoe, the president of the Texas State Conference of the NAACP, and other civil rights leaders for an apology for such obvious racial typecasting, Paul stood his ground. He said only that his remarks about Barbara Jordan related to her stands on affirmative action and that his written comments about blacks were in the context of 'current events and statistical reports of the time.' He denied any racist intent. What made the statements in the publication even more puzzling was that, in four terms as a U. S. congressman and one presidential race, Paul had never uttered anything remotely like this. "When I ask him why, he pauses for a moment, then says, 'I could never say this in the campaign, but those words weren't really written by me. It wasn't my language at all. Other people help me with my newsletter as I travel around. I think the one on Barbara Jordan was the saddest thing, because Barbara and I served together and actually she was a delightful lady.' ... "His reasons for keeping this a secret are harder to understand: 'They were never my words, but I had some moral responsibility for them . . . I actually really wanted to try to explain that it doesn't come from me directly, but they campaign aides said that's too confusing. "It appeared in your letter and your name was on that letter and therefore you have to live with it." ' It is a measure of his stubbornness, determination, and ultimately his contrarian nature that, until this surprising volte-face in our interview, he had never shared this secret. It seems, in retrospect, that it would have been far, far easier to have told the truth at the time." http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=Ron%20Paul The operative sentence in the above would seem to be: "What made the statements in the publication even more puzzling was that, in four terms as a U. S. congressman and one presidential race, Paul had never uttered anything remotely like this." The remarks may well have been seen as out of character because they were not written by Ron Paul, and he had no knowledge of them and no input into their composition, even though he eventually took responsibility for them. Adds a source aware of the current tempest over these remarks, "Anybody who claims that Ron Paul made the comments in question is deliberately mis-stating what occurred to make political points. It is a measure of [his opponents] desperation that they are dredging this up again. Anybody who reads all that he has written – and there's lots of it – could see that right away."
12/5/07 12:31 PM
Roidz Rule

ttt
12/5/07 12:33 PM
Brigham

So, from that, it looks like it wasn't factual evidence. But as I said, you under-estimate the other candidates that will definitely pounce all over this and try to smear him for this. Also, the drive-by media will jump all over this and even if they are proven wrong, will continue to bring it up because of their liberal intentions. The media is the worst thing to ever happen to the political sense because of how bias they are. 90% of the reporters and people involved in the media stations, CNN, MSNBC, local news, are registered Democrates and with numbers like that, you can't believe you are going to get a fair potrayal of all the candidates and they basically pick and choose what they want to report. This is why I turn to radio news these days because, you can listen to both sides of the spectrum and base your views off that.
12/5/07 12:40 PM
SpiritHorse

Agrees with M1^^^^
12/5/07 12:42 PM
Brigham

let's not turn this into a racial war right now. I just posted the column that said the news letter had retracted their statements that he said that so, lets go from there on this.
12/5/07 12:48 PM
Scott Epstein

hillary says "We just can't trust the American people to make those types of choices... Government has to make those choices for people" (From the book "I've Always Been A Yankee Fan" by Thomas D. Kuiper, p. 20 - Hillary to Rep. Dennis Hasert in 1993 discussing her expensive, disastrous taxpayer-funded health care plan) If Hillary Clinton can't trust the American people, how can the American people be expected to trust Hilary Clinton? "I am a fan of the social policies that you find in Europe." (From the book "I've Always Been A Yankee Fan" by Thomas D. Kuiper, p. 76 - Hillary in 1996) "Where is the G-damn f***ing flag? I want the G-damn f***ing flag up every f***ing morning at f***ing sunrise." (From the book "Inside The White House" by Ronald Kessler, p. 244 - Hillary to the staff at the Arkansas Governor's mansion on Labor Day, 1991) "You sold out, you mother f***er! You sold out!" (From the book "Inside" by Joseph Califano, p. 213 - Hillary yelling at a Democrat lawyer.) "F**k off! It's enough that I have to see you shit-kickers every day, I'm not going to talk to you too! Just do your G*damn job and keep your mouth shut." (From the book "American Evita" by Christopher Anderson, p. 90 - Hillary to her State Trooper bodyguards after one of them greeted her with "Good Morning.") "You f***ing idiot" From the book "Crossfire" p. 84 - Hillary to a State Trooper who was driving her to an event.) "If you want to remain on this detail, get your f***ing ass over here and grab those bags!" (From the book "The First Partner" p. 259 - Hillary to a Secret Service Agent who was reluctant to carry her luggage because he wanted to keep his hands free in case of an incident.) "Get f***ed! Get the f**k out of my way!!! Get out of my face!!!" (From the book "Hillary's Scheme" p. 89 - Hillary's various comments to her Secret Service detail agents.) "Stay the f**k back, stay the f**k away from me! Don't come within ten yards of me, or else! Just f**king do as I say, Okay!!!?" (From the book "Unlimited Access", by Clinton FBI Agent in Charge, Gary Aldrige, p. 139 - Hillary screaming at her Secret Service detail) "Where's the miserable c*ck sucker?" (From the book "The Truth About Hillary" by Edward Klein, p. 5 - Hillary shouting at a Secret Service officer) "Put this on the ground! I left my sunglasses in the limo. I need those sunglasses. We need to go back!" (From the book "Dereliction of Duty" p. 71-72 - Hillary to Marine One helicopter pilot to turn back while en route to Air Force One.) "Son of a b!tch." (From the book "American Evita" by Christopher Anderson, p. 259 - Hillary's opinion of President George W. Bush when she found out he secretly visited Iraq just days before her highly publicized trip to Iraq) "What are you doing inviting these people into my home? These people are our enemies! They are trying to destroy us!" (From the book "The Survivor" by John Harris, p. 99 - Hillary screaming to an aide, when she found out that some Republicans had been invited to the Clinton White House) "Come on Bill, put your dick up! You can't f***k her here!!" (From the book "Inside The White House" by Ronald Kessler, p. 243 - Hillary to Gov. Clinton when she spots him talking with an attractive female at an Arkansas political rally) You know, I'm going to start thanking the woman who cleans the restroom in the building I work in. I'm going to start thinking of her as a human being? (From the book "The Case Against Hillary Clinton" by Peggy Noonan, p. 55)
12/5/07 12:50 PM
Brigham

Edited: 05-Dec-07 12:56 PM
I hate Hilary. Anybody but her IMO. I am a conservative when it comes to international issues such as War and International relationships with certain countries and am also conservavtive on how taxes should be handled but am Moderate when it comes to social issues such as Abortion and how the American people should be govern. The less Government involvement, the better IMO. So, I'd much rather see a conservative get in but if Obama or Edwards gets in, it will be a much better ocuntry than if Hilary gets in. Mark my words, if Hilary gets in, a democrate will not be in office for another 16 years. There will be back to back conservative 8 year terms if she gets in. She will fuck up so terribly, the democratic party will have to have to basically go by the waste side and lick their wounds and recover and it will take a very long time.
12/5/07 12:58 PM
craftybushidovet

I gained some respect for Hillary after reading she drops F bombs. Her and Dana would make a great couple.
12/5/07 12:59 PM
Brigham

"I gained some respect for Hillary after reading she drops F bombs. Her and Dana would make a great couple. " LMAO! ROMOSHOP PLEASE!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.