UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Too much boosht

12/6/07 8:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
elmo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Dec-07

Well, I think I finally blew the stock head gasket.  Having trouble finding the tear though.  Can y'all see it?

I think I got double whammied again too.  The truck was jumping around like the torque converter went out again.  It had been rattling for a while but seemed to be hooking up fine.  Guess it finally said fuck it.

I'm debating right now between putting fire rings in the heads or trying Cometic gaskets.  Probably gonna try the Cometics first though, so I don't have to machine on the heads.  If those don't work, then I'll ring it.

What sucks is I literally dorve 5.5 hours to Houston, pulled the turbo and up-pipes of the truck, had my fmech/friend weld the up-pipes that I had blown a quarter sized hole in, and drove 5.5 hours back home.  I was up for about 20 hours, took about a 3-4 hour rest, went to the track, and blew it on the first pass. :p

12/6/07 6:48 PM
nimitivd
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jeebus taking that shit apart must be a bitch... is yours pre - take your whole cab off to repair your engine years..?
12/6/07 10:53 PM
johnnypayne
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like you're going to need new pistons too
12/7/07 1:20 AM
elmo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Dec-07
No cab removal.  Block is actually ok and the piston is reusable also.  I will have to have a machinist pass a stone over it or something but that's about it.  Cylinder is perfectly fine luckily.
12/7/07 10:02 PM
autotech
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Dec-07
thats why i stopped running my corvette.the first year i had it i took it to the track for the last night of he season.bone stock with the 78 l82 it would run a 16.85 @ 79 mph. the second year i put an original lt1 short block with the l82 heads a comp cams high energy cam and a 2000 stall converter.it would run 13.5 @ 95 mph. at the end of the second year i put a nitrous cheeter kit and started running low 12's @ 111 mph.i could drive it anywhere. should have left it like that,but i went to mempis for the second annual fastest street car shoot out that fall. by the time i was done 2 years later i would work on the car all week to go 120 miles round trip and have it break after 1-2 passes.i was spending alot of $$$$ and way to much time on a car that was to much to drive on the street for any amount of time . i am now looking to find something to hit the local cruise nights and maybe take to the track on a street night or 2 over the course of the season.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.