UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> armbarking dont embarass yourself

12/7/07 3:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jkdandforrestfan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Dec-07

Hey bro no ill intent to call you out liek this but dont embarass yourself bro. I already been threw this with my ricer buddy and the stuff you are saying aint true. I got the same info you did off a vette site saying that the tires were slicks and the track was shorter then normal but it turns out it wasn't true :( the tires were the same that are gonna be on the car for sale and some idiot reporter got the translation wrong and messed with us vette fans by getting the translation wrong. the ricers are correcting people saying that with glee. the track was the exact same way all the major car companies measure at nurenburg. Basically I thought the same thing when i saw the youtube vid of the ricer running 7:38 but it turns out that is how all of them run for safety reasons. my idiot ricer friend showed me tons of vids on youtube of other official laptimes where they ran it the exact same way. I wanted to be in denial and I wanted to refuse to believe it as long as I could but we just have to except that the gtr ricer is faster then the vette z06 on a track and hope and pray that they build something in the next generation that is faster. Z06 could probably still give a good run for the money on the dragstrip though. Sorry bro just dont want you to have to go threw extra raggin like i did by my ricer buddy and now some of his bandwagon friends :(
12/7/07 10:59 PM
ArmbarKing
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Dec-07
I'm not embarrassing myself at all. I will wait for independent same day testing of these two cars before I accept that the GT-R is faster. In the world I live in more weight and less power do not equal faster lap times.
12/9/07 9:36 AM
Rokel
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Dec-07
In the world I live in more weight and less power do not equal faster lap times. Funny I live in that world too.
12/10/07 1:29 AM
PeterIrl
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Dec-07
Doesn't really matter if you've got shitloads of power, its being able to get all that power down onto the road that counts.
12/10/07 1:45 AM
jacketwrestler

"In the world I live in more weight and less power do not equal faster lap times." Funny I live in a world where suspension plays a big part of the equation.
12/10/07 12:49 PM
LittleJoeMama
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"In the world I live in more weight and less power do not equal faster lap times." You need to add gearing into that equation as well.
12/10/07 3:27 PM
ArmbarKing
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Doesn't really matter if you've got shitloads of power, its being able to get all that power down onto the road that counts. " "Funny I live in a world where suspension plays a big part of the equation. " "You need to add gearing into that equation as well. " Not sure if you guys are arguing in favor of the GT-R, but the Z06 is exceptional in all those areas.
12/10/07 6:40 PM
johnnypayne
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Not sure if you guys are arguing in favor of the GT-R, but the Z06 is exceptional in all those areas. " The Z06 is RWD, not AWD, so you can virtually half the powered footprint, DSG is the best current gearbox design, and the GTR is going to have actively controlled suspension to control pitch and yaw, I don't think the Z06 is in the same league tech wise
12/10/07 9:42 PM
Mark1

Why are you discussing a Z06 when the ZR1 Blue Devil is right around the corner? Mark
12/10/07 9:44 PM
ArmbarKing

Edited: 10-Dec-07 09:48 PM
Well 2 reasons - First is that the ZR-1 will destroy the GT-R, second is that the Z06 is a similar price point. BTW Sport Auto has tested both cars on the 'Ring and the Z was a second faster.
12/11/07 12:15 AM
johnnypayne
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Dec-07
"And you're also trying to put power through the same wheels you're steering with. It takes a certain amount of traction to carry speed through a corner, AWD or not. This is where weight makes a difference and it's a matter of physics, not technology which ultimately limits ability. " Active diffs direct power away from a wheel that is slipping, distibuting power to wheels with traction, in some cases up to 85% of power can drive a single wheel "Heck, look at drag racing where DSM guys switch over to RWD once they get in the 9s. " Since when did drag racers go round corners?
12/11/07 10:51 AM
ArmbarKing

There is also more power loss in the drive train of an AWD vehicle.
12/11/07 5:52 PM
johnnypayne

"The faster a car is, the less it needs AWD. Seriously, do you think a formula one car would be faster with a transfercase and front differential? " Yes, that's why all wheel drive formula 1 cars are not allowed, formula 1 cars haven't been at the bleeding edge tech wise in a long time, AWD with front, centre and rear active diffs is far better than RWD, just look at the Prodrive P2 keeping pace with a koenigsegg CC8S with nearly twice the power
12/16/07 6:53 AM
jacketwrestler

Edited: 16-Dec-07
"Not sure if you guys are arguing in favor of the GT-R, but the Z06 is exceptional in all those areas. " What is this 'exceptional' in relative terms? It's about having a BETTER suspension. And not just slightly better, but a suspension which will overcome weight and power disadvantages of its competitors to the point where it can run better lap times. It seems as some have conceded that the ZO6 has no where to improve except in making the engine more powerful and getting even lighter. No.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.