UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Any double-major Psych/PHL?

12/8/07 12:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Original TUFer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Dec-07

Anyone get their BA in Psychology? I was wondering what you did for the other 30 credits. With Psychology being a soft, only 30 credits, major - I was wondering what anyone did for the other 30 credits. I am looking into a double major with Psychology but I am not sure. The degree in Psychology is because it is probably the only major I could stand to study and would bridge that into a PHD or JD, depending on where I am at when I graduate.
12/8/07 5:17 PM
Steppenwolf
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

double major with philosophy. it beats the hell out of psych anyway. :P
12/8/07 5:44 PM
Original TUFer

I enjoyed the Philosophy courses I had taken, so if I am definitely going to major in PSY; you would suggest getting a second major in PHL, instead of taking 30 credits of electives?
12/17/07 11:53 AM
Jorx
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Dec-07
What chinese said.
12/17/07 1:33 PM
Ted Bennett
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^^ teh correct ;-)
12/17/07 1:50 PM
Original TUFer

Thanks; I understand why for the reasons you guys mention and agree, but the huge thing is the limitation. The school I am going to has classes only offered at a couple different times. Trying to balance a major in Psychology and Philosophy and doing it in a timely manner, would be an act in futility. If I treat the 30 like they are electives it will give me some breathing room, boost my GPA and help round me off. Thanks for taking me to school!
12/18/07 8:10 PM
Original TUFer

Edited: 18-Dec-07
I got my acceptance letter today and have signed up for five classes - three psychology and two philosophy courses. I need to figure out one more class and am thinking about a Yoga class for fun or a Film appreciation class as a blow-off.

I am going to try and be mindful of what my schedule would be like in the next two semesters as well, so I don't overload any one semester. I am taking the Philosophy classes because they are honestly the electives I would want to take. It doesn't matter if I get a minor in it or not, I just enjoy Philosophy classes over the other subjects.

I would appreciate any suggestions on fun classes, blowoff classes or hidden classes that people enjoyed or found to be useful.

Thanks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.