UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Intermittent Tooth Ache

12/8/07 6:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
oblongo
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Dec-07

A few months ago, I began having mild pain on one of my bottom molars whenever I bit down. And it became sensitive to cold. Not all the time, just ever now and then. So I didn't think much of it. But then it started hurting, bad, every time I chewed for several days. And cold foods or drinks became positively unbearable. I made an appointment for the dentist. But on the day I went, I was fine. No pain. No sensitivity to cold. The dentist did x-rays, a visual exam of my teeth, had me bite down repeatedly on a tongue depressor. No pain, and he could find nothing wrong. A few weeks after that it started again. Again, it was intermittent and not very painful. But a few days ago it started hurting worse when I chewed and became very senstive to cold. Just when I thought I was going to have to call the dentist. It stopped once again, and I haven't had any problems since. Any idea what the hell is wrong with my tooth?
12/14/07 3:46 PM
dinofrang
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Dec-07
Try a different dentist. If he/she can't find anything go to a neurologist.
1/23/08 5:09 PM
oblongo
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Jan-08
Went to a second dentist who said the tooth was cracked. Recommended a crown. I've never had one of those before, and I'm wary of having someone grinind my tooth down. But I also hate the pain that even moderatlely cold food and liquids cause.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.