UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> OG Fantasy Golf League

12/17/07 4:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrapplerHK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Dec-07

Sign up now for 2008 season!! Yahoo fantasy league Group ID# 3541 Group Name OG Golf Group Password grapplerhk
12/17/07 4:12 PM
GrapplerHK

Edited: 17-Dec-07
The 08 Season will open on Thursday, January 3 with the Mercedes-Benz Championship
12/19/07 9:18 PM
Pugilist82
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Dec-07
added, I'd post it right on the OG.
12/20/07 9:55 AM
Animal Chin
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Dec-07
i'm in
12/20/07 5:05 PM
qballs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Dec-07
sweet, im in
12/22/07 11:49 AM
GrapplerHK

Edited: 22-Dec-07
cool!! feel free to recruit more people into the league, I dont have much time now.
12/22/07 10:16 PM
hendew
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Dec-07
I'm in
1/3/08 4:46 PM
MIKEBROOKS

Edited: 03-Jan-08
I'm in. Brooks
1/10/08 4:17 PM
GrapplerHK

Edited: 10-Jan-08
cmon animal chin and pugilist 4 og'ers missed the first week (including me) lets get it going!
1/10/08 4:23 PM
Animal Chin
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i forgot. 

i've got my picks in for this week, though.

1/10/08 5:45 PM
Pugilist82
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be honest, I have no clue wtf I'm doing and guessed golfers, none of them played...
1/10/08 6:11 PM
Animal Chin

i've got some decent guys.  campbell, furyk, o'hair, and wetterich.

1/13/08 4:21 PM
GrapplerHK

Edited: 13-Jan-08
it will tell you if a guy isnt entered, it says NE in red.....sometimes guys will drop out late though each round you start 1 of 2 from the A and C list, and 2 of 4 in the B list. Make sure you check off your starters, and change them when you need to. each round you can change your active players, but only from the list of 8 players you picked for the week if one of your guys misses the cut make sure you dont have in your starting lineup sat and sun you can only start a player 10x during each half of the season, so you might want to monitor that Ive got Marino in the C pool scoring nicely for me this week The scoring is done as follows: Each round the low scorer gets 20 pts. For every shot back of that score, you get -2 less than 20. 1 shot back gets 18, 2 shots back gets 16, etc. At the end of the tournament, the tournament winner gets another 20 pts, second place 10 pts, and 3rd place 5 pts. You get the bonus pts only if you started that player for at least one round during the event.
1/15/08 9:52 PM
GrapplerHK

Edited: 15-Jan-08
Apparently some players are confused as to how the scoring is done. Hope this helps Scoring Previous | Next A golfer can receive a maximum of 20 fantasy points in each round of a tournament. The golfer with the lowest real-life score in a round receives 20 points. Other golfers receive 2 fewer points for every stroke they finish behind the leader (e.g., a golfer 1 stroke back for the round receives 18 points, a golfer 2 strokes back gets 16. Golfers 10 or more strokes back receive 0 points). You receive the total points earned by all active golfers on your team in each round provided that they haven't already been active in 10 tournaments (see the Maximum Starts section for more information). You do not receive points for golfers in a non-activated (reserve) position in your lineup. Additionally, while a golfer might win a tournament, they might not have the lowest score in the final round of play. As such, the tournament winner doesn't necessarily earn 20 points for the final round of play. Bonus points are awarded for golfers placing in the top three at each tournament. First place golfers earn 20 bonus points, second place 10, and third place 5. To earn bonus points for your team, a golfer must be active for at least one round of the tournament. The golfer can be in a non-activated (reserve) position at the end of the tournament and still earn bonus points for your team. If a tournament round is officially canceled, no team receives points for that round. All other scoring rules stay the same. If a round is delayed or postponed, no points are awarded until it is completed. Selecting Golfers for Your Team Previous | Next Available golfers are broken into three groups (A, B, and C) and are not be moved between groups at any time during the season. However, additional golfers can be entered into the game at any point during the season. To choose or edit your team, click the "Select" link on your Team page for the appropriate golfer grouping (A, B, or C List). You must choose an eight-man squad that includes two members from the A List, four from the B List, and two from the C List. Select golfers by marking the checkboxes next to their names and clicking "Submit." Your selections are not saved unless you select the "Submit" button. The deadline to make team changes for the next week's tournament is 2:00 a.m. PT each Thursday (or the day of the first round). If you don't make any changes by this deadline, your team remains the same for the next tournament. Maximum Starts Previous | Next Each golfer in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Golf can be an active member of your team in no more than 10 tournaments. For the purposes of this game, if you have a golfer active for any one round of a tournament, it counts as him playing in that tournament. Likewise, a golfer who is on your team, but stays in a reserve position for all four rounds, does not get credit for a tournament played. When a golfer has reached the 10-tournament limit, he no longer accumulates any fantasy points for your team even if he occupies an active roster spot. This limit does not change no matter when you join the game. If you reach the 10-tournament limit for a golfer on your current roster, you cannot release them and subsequently reacquire them. You can keep the golfer on your roster, but he no longer accumulates any points. This limit applies to the entire Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Golf season and does not get reset for the second half. If you use a golfer 10 times in the first half of the season, he isn't eligible to earn any fantasy points for the remainder of the season. If a golfer is on your active roster for a given tournament, but does not play in that real-life event, he will not be credited with a tournament played. If a golfer is on your active roster for a given round, but does not play during that round, he will not be credited with that round played. The number of tournaments each golfer has played for you is listed along with all of his other stats. Setting the Active Foursome Previous | Next Before each tournament round, you must select a starting foursome via your Team page. This active group can include one golfer from the A List, two from the B List, and one from the C List. The rest of your team members are reserves, who don't score points for your team, but can be activated for future rounds during the tournament. To activate a golfer, click the checkbox next to his name and then click "Submit Changes." The deadline to make changes for the next scheduled round of a tournament is each day at 2:00 a.m. PT. If you don't make any changes, your active foursome remains the same for the next day. You cannot make any roster changes on Sunday after the 2:00 a.m. PT deadline passes. These deadlines are based on the original tournament schedule and don't change, even if there's a delay to the start or finish of a given round.
2/23/08 12:45 AM
GrapplerHK

Edited: 23-Feb-08
its a long season, but its gona be tough to catch hendew after spotting him a week (for me anyway) this week I got 2 players in the top 4 right now
3/19/08 7:09 PM
GrapplerHK

Edited: 19-Mar-08
ttt
3/19/08 7:13 PM
Animal Chin

Edited: 19-Mar-08
i forget sometimes, but i had a good week.
3/20/08 12:09 AM
hendew

Edited: 20-Mar-08
^ It's because you drink to much!
3/20/08 12:15 AM
Animal Chin

Edited: 20-Mar-08

well...   i am a caddie.  what do you expect?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.