UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Beneath Calm Breaths

12/18/07 6:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Dec-07

Two souls caught in flesh attempt to escape their cells and touch. Frustrating currents pull the connection away and outward to alignment they reach again, if only for a moment, to find that holy union where they cant tell where one ends and the other begins.... The "simple man" has only the above to experience and supply stillpoint communication, while the vocalist, with his heart and mouth aligned has both. ^ this is often the cruel expectation that some females apply to all men and are frustrated when it isnt always met. This misunderstanding and assumption is one of the most common and sad of miscommunication. The roles can also be reversed. The 80/20% rule can apply in any relationship where one is the reacher and the other the static. Here is the dilemma though- If you have two that are still, there is a lack of communication and thus, misunderstanding. If you have two who are reachers, (and I am still undecided on this) is there a much richer relationship where there is complete connection and understanding, or is there the over-analytical element that presents the problem of competition and/or higher expectations? I suppose it would then depend on the level of maturity both parties bring to the table- no absolutes, which also poses this question: "why even contemplate all of this in the first place if there is no black and white, only gray?" The strangeness of this life cannot be measured. Just when I think looking at this existence has nothing more to offer, I find myself glad I have rediscovered the "Oh my God, I am alive...and I cant put my finger on it." path. These walls were created to protect To keep watch from hidden windows in tall towers To allow quick exploration with safe re-entry Were created to be destroyed with the hopes that two wont have to built in its place. I hope you never contract this beautiful disease I hope you can just be I hope you can play with your toys and never have to worry about the noise outside these walls until you- nevermind...I almost contradicted myself. Warning you not to enter this place from my open door, all the while, pulling you in. I guess this condition surrounds me. Questioning everything is the best thing and the worse thing that has ever happened to me. I say it happened because it was a visitation. Wisdom invited himself in for a drink, bringing with him a host of inescapable cohorts that are parasitic co-dependant bi-products of the mission he is on. ...And though he introduced his comrades right away, announcing them by name, his seduction was intoxicating and irresistible. While it is safe to look at and explore life from a distance, there is nothing better than the risk of loving and allowing yourself to be loved and understood. That your ideas do not fall on deaf ears. That you can reach out to an open hand and not a closed fist or mist of shadow. That you can connect with someone who will give back what you ache to give away to keep it from growing stagnate within you. That you, if only a few times, can present an idea and it can be instantly added to and given back to you undamaged and more complete. THAT is what we are all longing and searching for, and THAT is what keeps us going. Communication is the only relief we have from being trapped in a dirt costume. You are over there and I am over here I am romanticizing something that has the human factor so ingrained in it that I am almost tempted to stop writing about it. But not quite There is still enough blood in a turnip to make the effort worthwhile. The effort of collecting dew to drink the morning drink is worth the life it provides. I am slapping myself awake Clearing the sleep from my eyes And I guess I wont give up as long as there is still something left to attain. Enough residue to produce a nugget of truth I can carry with me in my pocket and show a few of the understanding folk 'round town sho-nuff. If we hug tight enough, maybe our souls will touch Maybe we can find the path that will allow us to touch with our wills alone I don't want to discover that this is so rare it has only happened twice - ever She could charm the stars, or capture and audience with mere silence She can make the world melt away in a moment's embrace This beauty that fools wish to enslave and heaven to understand has so tactfully ambushed me that it seems I walked right into it asked for it, and begged to be taken prisoner. (There is no lack of a better word you idiot...you just havent been introduced) A still and quiet spring night arrived and brought with it a new idea... That there may be more than just review when I look at things. There may be something I've overlooked, under my nose and smiling at me. And I can embrace it, or build the wall a little higher and watch from the tinted window until it eventually gives up and wanders off. I have nothing left to lose And im bored of playing with the same old broken toys that should have made their way to the yard sale long ago with a 50 cent masking tape price tag. Im rambling now, so ill lay down this toy and go to bed and hope this makes sense in the morning.
12/18/07 6:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Dec-07
well, the structure isnt how i wanted it, but im too lazy to edit all that, lol. writing it was taxing enough. how come we dont have a writersground here? this is the closest thing i could find

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.