UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Vitamins I should take (21y/o)?

12/20/07 12:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bjjd0101
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Dec-07

I just started the gym again (after an 8 month layoff) and was looking forward to starting a vigorous vitamin/mineral regimen. I've decided to take individual vitamins at once as opposed to one colossal multi-vitamin that would probably end up dug in my shit a few hours later. Besides the obvious bodybuilding suplements like whey protein & amino acids, what actual vitamins do you recommend that a fairly healthy 21 (just turned) year old should start taking? I've already noted down the fish oil & wheatgrass, which are supposed to be excellent for you. I'm also currently taking St. John's Wort, which is a natural herb that acts like an ssri for overall positive mood. Another question is how MANY vitamins should I take per day? I realize that i'm not exactly up there in age yet and don't really want to overdo it. I don't want to flood my body with shit it already produces. Thanks, c. reznor p.s., please save the smartass responses (jizz, etc.) :)
12/20/07 12:59 PM
Bolo

Edited: 20-Dec-07
In my personal opinion, supplements are not necessary if you just eat properly.
1/1/08 8:53 PM
HELWIG

Edited: 01-Jan-08
My absoluite honest advice would be to workout consistently for 6 months doing regular weight and cardio training as well as keeping your nutrition reasonable before even THINKING about adding supplements.

The industry is huge but the gross majority of non competitive athletes taking the supplements would be more or less exactly the same without them imo.
1/20/08 10:09 AM
BoxingFan

Edited: 20-Jan-08
I don't worry about individual vitamins. I do take a multi just to cover the bases, but if you're getting fruit, vegetables, nuts, etc you shouldn't need much else in the way loads of indivual vitiamins.
2/20/08 8:22 AM
Atecexa

Edited: 20-Feb-08
I belive the company Isotonix has a svc where you send them a hair sample and they analyze your DNA and you take a survey and they determine where you are defficient and where you are well and will make a supp regimen specifically for what YOUR body needs
2/23/08 9:15 AM
BoxingFan

Edited: 23-Feb-08
^^ Have you tried the service? I'd be curious to hear some feedback about it.
5/20/08 8:16 AM
mendelson
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Everyone,

If you need nutritional supplements either to lose weight, or just to get healthy, please check out my site. This company called me to speak at some of their corporate functions and I got to check out their products. I liked them so I became a consultant. Check out the site link:

www.CMEmentaledge.Isagenix.com

If you are looking to pick up a few bucks, feel free to sign up! Check out the tab titled "Wealth" on the upper right and corner.

My cousin Bradley passed away from brain cancer when he was in his early 20's, so I am going to donate profit to his foundation. I know people here are skeptical, so I am posting the link for his foundation as well. If and when I make profit, I will periodically post receipts showing the donations. The link to his foundation is:

http://bradleyzankelfoundation.org/aboutbrad.htm

Richard Mendelson
5/21/08 7:57 PM
Atecexa

go to a market america website and they have a service where you send them a sample (usually hair or epithelials) and they will do a DNA scan to see where you are defficient and where you are good and design a supplement specifically for what you need
9/20/08 6:46 PM
kylethasnizake
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.thevitamincode.com/Formulas/Men/tabid/1313/Default.aspx

this is the best MULTI by far

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.