UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> wristlocks vs mma gloves and tape

12/25/07 11:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
demandango
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Dec-07

hi roy, have you had any success using wristlocks vs opponents wearing mma gloves w/ their wrists taped (like how they would in a pro bout)? there are a couple of wristlocks i like to use, but i would imagine they'd be a lot more difficult to pull of in this scenario and would like to hear your opinion. happy holidays!
12/25/07 6:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Dec-07
demandango, Regardless of whether or not wrists are gloved and taped, wrist locks are always present and available. What determines their effectiveness is how you train them. I assume that since you are training with MMA gloves on (and wraps) that you are training HARD (and with strikes). Well, if you are training HARD, why aren't your wrist locks working? If you are training HARD, but are applying wrist locks SOFT, then you're gonna have a difficult time performing them in that environment - just like any other technique you try to perform softly. Hard training involves occasional injury! If you go too far on a wrist lock, oh well........that's HARD training. If you go too hard on a kick, a punch or an arm lock, oh well.......that too is HARD training. People who train hard get injured occasionally. It's a part of the game! So, don't hold back on those wrist locks. Give 'em just like you'd give a HARD rear leg round kick or rear leg knee ! Roy Harris

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.