UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> .45 vs 10mm

3/27/08 9:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Skpotamus
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Mar-08
FoF = Force on Force training, where you train in a live manner with simulated firearms (airsoft or sim guns). It's really eye opening to find out how hard it is to make good hits on violently moving targets. If you've ever been the victim of a violent assault, or read up on them, you'll find that few altercations are 1 on 1. Typically the victim is attacked by a group. Having more ammunition means you can put more little holes in things. Have you ever shot a living creature before? I have (no people thank god) but I can tell you that mid size dogs (coyotes) don't always drop from .223, .308 and 12 gauge rounds, much less hand gun rounds (I have shot a coyote with both a 38spl and a 45, the one shot with the 45 ran about 100 yards befor expiring, the 38spl dropped in it's tracks (head shot)). If a 12 gauge isn't capable of stopping a 40lb dog instantly (with a solid torso hit), what makes you think that a weaker projectile will stop a 200lb dog any better? Dig around a bit, find the story about the Ohio state trooper who pumped 5-6 45's into a suspect, who returned fire with a single 22 round, killing the officer almost instantly while the suspect lived. Having a bigger caliber doesn't make a round better, it just makes a slightly larger hole. Having a faster round doesn't make a round better, it just makes it slightly faster. Shot placement is what matters, all the kinetic energy in the world doesn't mean a damn if the hole isn't on a major organ. As a little comparison, read up on punch tests from fight science. Bas Rutten measured in at 1291 lbs of force in his left hook. Which is far more energy than most handgun rounds. If energy makes that much of a difference, then anybody Bas punched would have died instantly. FWIW, I carry a Glock 21 as my EDC, (.45automatic 13 round magazine)
4/2/08 2:10 PM
riddlin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 2 2008 12:00A
"Dig around a bit, find the story about the Ohio state trooper who pumped 5-6 45's into a suspect, who returned fire with a single 22 round, killing the officer almost instantly while the suspect lived."I'm think your talking about Trooper Mark Coates of the South carolina Highway Patrol. He was killed after being struck in the arm pit with a 22cal round fired from a small pistol. Trooper Coates returned fire striking his attacker center mass 5 times with a .357 magnum (one ot the most respected man stoppers of all time). Trooper Coates died of his injuries. His fat fuck attacker survived.
4/3/08 6:41 PM
Skpotamus
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 3 2008 12:00A
double post
4/3/08 6:43 PM
Skpotamus

Edited: Apr 3 2008 12:00A
I was thinking it was an Ohoi trooper and a 45 used, my mistake.

Found the article:
http://www.odmp.org/officer/420-trooper-mark-hunter-coates

They only gave the guy life in prison.... I hope the guy got a really "friendly" cell mate.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.