UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> MMA events in NC

12/26/07 9:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HighPoint
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Dec-07

I realize the Athletic Commission / ALE are working on the rules for MMA and heard they should be completed by 2008.  Any idea on how things are going to get this completed?  Many have mentioned about putting on shows as soon as this is done.  Would like to know who plans on putting on shows and when?
12/27/07 12:30 AM
JDHurst

Edited: 27-Dec-07
Global Grappling will.
12/27/07 11:47 PM
Termi1

Edited: 27-Dec-07
The rules are really becoming a sticking point. It looks like we are going to have to do battle over some of the proposed rules which will make georgia seem like they have great rules. I am looking more into this and will keep everyone posted. A group of us met with the commission for over 2 hours and gave a number of suggestions. Hardly any were adopted. SO rather then being a state witha great set of rules we have the idiots trying to proposed BS rules to set back our ability to have fights.
12/28/07 4:31 PM
HighPoint

Edited: 28-Dec-07
Are the BS rules geared more towards the fighters or the promoters?  it should not be complicated for the rules on fighters - it's MMA not figure skating.  I figured the commission was going to set down certain rules to make it hard for promoters to have an event (cost effective).  It's better for them to take their time than have a ton of crap rules in place.
1/6/08 11:29 AM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jan-08
Certain rules, like no head kicks for ammys are flat out dumb. The amended rules I took a look at seemed to look JUST like the rules they had before we put in any input. There are some other rules that are completely retarded, like a 30 day suspension for being choked out or having the ref stop a fight where a fighter is caught in an armlock. How does that make sense that just because a ref KEPT you from getting hurt you have to do a 30 day suspension? I feel like the commission, if that's who we were meeting with is not very informed about MMA or combat sports in general. I dont think a person needs to have expert knowledge on a subject to regulate it, but it helps if they at least have some passing knowledge. Yet again NC is going to continue its history of cronyism and have folks in high paid state jobs that have almost no F%$king clue as to how to do said jobs. The way the rules are now I am taking my guys to Va to fight. There is literally an event every week and though sanctioning bodies have variations on some rules they are very consistent overall, and allow guys to do what they trained to do...fight. I have NO IDEA why NC didnt just copy Va directly, Ammy MMA is thriving big time in VA, just go to a show around the Tidewater area and see what I mean. As written now the NC mma rules could have some decent pro shows sans the stupid qualifications for suspensions, but the AMMY rules are terrible in some of the little details that very clearly illustrate the Drafters of such rules have little to zero combat sports knowledge at all.
2/25/08 8:10 PM
JHG

Edited: 25-Feb-08
I see these events starting to get scheduled. What are the final rules that were agreed upon? Who will be the sanctioning body? ISCF? The state? Any info is greatly appreciated... Jason
2/27/08 10:13 PM
HighPoint

Edited: 27-Feb-08
Wow - what events? where? when?
2/27/08 11:13 PM
JHG

Edited: 27-Feb-08
www.ruckusinthecage.com is one organization..... Have two shows in April...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.