UnderGround Forums

MLBGround >> Prior to the Padres

12/27/07 2:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bluedragon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Dec-07

I think that this was his plan the entire time to say fuck you to the Cubs for over using him years ago.
12/30/07 5:06 PM
Hawkeyefan

Edited: 30-Dec-07
Maybe he can give Maddux some of his "perfect" mechanics tips. Teach him to throw towels and whatnot. Good riddance.
12/30/07 8:22 PM
Cousin Eddie

Edited: 30-Dec-07
I read an article in the San Diego paper about them signing him; mentioned that he was complaining of pain but MRI's weren't showing any structural damage. James Andrews apparently goes in and finds a partially torn labrum or something.......maybe he'll approach 2003 form someday. The Astros went after him, I wouldn't have minded them offering him a similar contract to what the Pads gave him, relatively low risk and loads of incentives, and if he's half as good as he was four years ago, he's a good #3 starter in Houston's shitty rotation.
1/9/08 3:10 AM
GrandInquisitor
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Jan-08
If Nolan Ryan were as good as he was in 1985 he would be a good idea to sign for the 2008 season...but he won't be, because Nolan's old. Prior won't be good because he's physically and mentally not up to the task. From watching him in Chicago for years, I think Prior's biggest problem is his father, who is also his agent, who essentially controlled every one of Prior's baseball decisions since little league and who has kept counseling Prior to keep acting like a spoiled bitch even when he would spend entire seasons on the DL collecting a fat paycheck.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.