UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Fighting/self defense when drunk?

12/28/07 4:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WaltJ
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Dec-07

Are there any articles or forums that discuss this subject? It's something I've been thinking about lately. Without your normal mental acquity, you'd likely have to rely on gross motor movements (which are impaired) and pretty much the muscle memory you've cultivated from training. Does this sound about right? I'd like to hear some opinions on this. Thanks.
12/31/07 9:20 AM
Dark Knight
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Dec-07 09:26 AM
2/4/08 11:30 PM
schecterguitar50
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Feb-08
This is actually the reason I try not to drink in public. I tend to joke around a lot and me and my friends are constantly ragging on eachother, and I don't want to say somethin to someone and have them not know my personality while im drunk, and then be to drunk to defend myself.
3/17/08 6:19 PM
Grappler2010

Edited: 17-Mar-08
There's always drunken kung fu :)
5/15/08 2:17 PM
ironmongoose

Getting drunk is not a good thing to do.

It's how trouble gets started in the first place.

You know that whole thing about how self-defence begins with avoiding trouble? That means, you don't get drunk.
5/16/08 2:35 AM
jsipari

Have you ever seen a couple of drunks go at it? I am sure, in their minds, they think they look and fight like mma super athletes. Due to the booz. In reality they usually throw 'windmil' punches while doing a slight jog with their eyes closed as they stumble into people that know how to act in public. Most times it is over something really important too. Like who looked in who's direction first. As in any self defence situation the three D's are in full effect, Detect-Defuse-Defend.

Joe
5/18/08 11:30 PM
Tony Blauer

If youre going to drink, drink tequila, pls review this video for instructions...pay attention to the last warning

good luck

Tony 

5/19/08 11:45 PM
jsipari

LOL, nice touch Coach!

Joe
7/28/08 5:25 PM
Tony Torres

Very funny insights and most of them true...here are some hints.

1. Always have a designated driver / peacemaker in your group, he should be able to drive negotiate / defuse and fight if necessary ...also render first aid and get help.

2. Try not to get too impaired...this is hard because as you get more intoxicated you lose judgement and tend to drink more...suffice it to say that when you get that buzzed feeling youve had enough

3. I have found if you are just "buzzed" and you get an adrenaline dump it tends to "sober you up" pretty quickly at least short term.

4. Its preferable that if you are in an area where fighting is likely, DO NOT DRINK.

My two cents

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.