UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Wrestlers and Catch Wrestling

11/1/09 1:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RobbieH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for CACC

Tony C. seems like a great teacher from what I have seen in the past from bits of his LAOH set.. would like to check them out fully soon...
11/1/09 4:57 PM
supersaiyan

i got the set ...i think its top notch imo...as a matter of fact i got all is dvds except the instructors course which i think is a lil much at 2gs
11/1/09 10:28 PM
de braco
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^you gotta let go and let god and take a leap of faith and get that frickin instructors course.Not only will you be certifiable,but as an added bonus,IF you act NOW,you will become Jakes sworn enemy for life,with all the perks that go along with it.So theres that.Do you want to end up being one of those guys who looks back on life saying coulda,shoulda,if only i woulda.OR do you want to take charge of your own destiny and start kicking ass and taking names(and chicks numbers)
11/1/09 11:49 PM
RobbieH

Edited: 11/02/09 12:14 AM
supersaiyan - i got the set ...i think its top notch imo...as a matter of fact i got all is dvds except the instructors course which i think is a lil much at 2gs
How is the set as a whole in your opinion? I've always liked the whole CACC stories from traveling around, beating townfolks asses all over the country, etc.. lol :)

Man, $2G for the Instructor's course?? I wonder if we could each go in on half of it..then we could open a CACC gym, make lots of money, make a DVD set called "How to Hook a Heavyweight" and then eventually "Hooking for the Street: A professional's guide" or "Hooking on the corner: Ladies edition:" , "The Modern Woman's guide to becoming a Professional Hooker" and finally, "The Complete Idiots Guide to Becoming a Hooker""

Then we would be famous and rich and could spend our days hooking and banging chicks like de braco said! $2g's is nothing compared to that!

lol ;)

11/9/09 4:12 PM
kelby

instead of talking about tony's falling out with others. why don't we talk about his abilities on the mat. i heard he is an monster. chitwood himself said he was a monster on the mat.
11/9/09 6:58 PM
de braco
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/09 7:06 PM
I'm all for a Tony vs Jake grudge match, I imagine it would end up with Jake steering a wheelchair with a straw between his teeth for the rest of his life.
edit
11/10/09 10:08 PM
Victor Parlati

Edited: 11/10/09 10:14 PM
God, this shit never ends...

1) Jake Shannon wouldn't last 20 seconds with Tony Cecchine

2) Cecchine is NOT the end-all-and-be-all within today's catch wrestling world.

Robinson, Sakuraba, Barnett, Fugiwara, the Quebec Toehold Club, etc. - ALL offer top shelf cacc, in addition to what Tony offers.

So what the fuck is the problem here, anyway ???!!! You want catch wrestling? Get involved in what ALL these people are doing. Watch and rewatch what they all do and take it to the mat to see what works for you. You want meaningless self serving and ego-stroking school yard crap?

Keep posting nonsense.
11/10/09 11:10 PM
de braco

go beat up your mok jong victor
11/10/09 11:52 PM
scuffler

On a positive note, Josh Barnett just won the world Jiu-Jitsu no-gi championship
11/11/09 9:40 AM
Victor Parlati

Edited: 11/11/09 9:40 AM
Go Josh, Go Catch !!!
11/11/09 2:16 PM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roided to the gills, I' m sure. I'd prefer that Josh not be the most visible catch representative.
11/11/09 9:39 PM
The Mat Pimp
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To clarify, Josh won his weight class, not the overall absolute championship. Still a huge achievement!
11/12/09 3:41 PM
de braco

Anyone seen Bob Andersons dvd set?
11/12/09 4:23 PM
Victor Parlati

Who is he?
11/12/09 7:46 PM
de braco

Edited: 11/13/09 1:00 AM
One of the top coaches for greco/free style,he's the reason BJJ guys call the top wrist lock the americana.
Edited to add dvd blurb

USA WRESTLING
In this excellent Submission Grappling series, legendary USA wrestler and National Coach Bob Anderson shows you the most efficient techniques used in grappling to defeat your opponent. With proven experience and current technical knowledge of the evolution of the sport, Coach Anderson introduces you to many never-shown-before grappling and Wrestling elements of combat. Covering and analyzing in detail the aspects of takedowns and throws, sweeps and counters, and reversals from the most common grappling situations, this series is one of the best if you are interested in any system or grappling method. If you are a submission grappler, a Judo or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fighter, a Wrestler or MMA fighter…this series is for you!

Bob Anderson has coached such national and Olympic wrestling champions as Rulon Gardner, Dan Henderson, Heath Sims, and Randy Couture. He also coached the World Cup Team, 28 Gold Medalists in the Olympic Festivals and the Junior World Team. He was one of the first ten coaches to become Gold Coach Certified, the highest certification in USA wrestling. He also was World Champion Freestyle, National Champion Free Style and Greco Roman, Olympic Trials Champion, and Division 1 NCAA All American. Bob also founded the Junior Elite Training Systems dedicated to making good wrestlers and better citizens. He coached his Junior Elite students to 12 National Team Championships.
1/12/10 5:16 PM
de braco

Any thoughts on the scientific wrestling drama? History repeating itself
1/12/10 5:47 PM
e. kaye

What drama?  I do not usually go there.
1/12/10 7:00 PM
de braco

Edited: 01/13/10 3:04 PM
Me either,not exactly welcome,lol. Look for the "interesting catch thread" on the ug.

added

Let's hear your side Jake,since you couldn't be associated with cecchine because of his "fradulent" Radwan claims.How is the recent revelations about Kris going to effect the lead instructor status for your certification program?Going to take the high road again?Tell us what Carpentiers contempories thought of his skill as a legit cacc wrestler.Didn't Kris claim to have extensive training from his "father" and was a master of sambo and judo before ever meeting up with carpentier? I hear he was actualy still a green belt in judo in 99,3 years after supposedly starting training under carpentier,improving his already formidable skills.He seems to be skilled now however,did these skills come from carpentier,or from an extensive video collection,cecchine,aso,shalles,fujiwara,etc.
1/13/10 4:04 PM
Neckcranku
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ugghh, the drama surrounding Catch Wrestling never ends.
1/13/10 6:14 PM
de braco

Jake's lurking and praying this shit blows over,i can't believe he's not screaming in moral indignation and doing his damndest to further ruin the guys reputation and livelyhood.
2/2/10 11:08 PM
proteinwisdom

Several things: 1) I'm the Jeff G "Scuffler" (Mark Jones) references earlier in this thread. I never threatened him with legal action. Ever. As in, never.

Ever.

That he should misremember is not altogether surprising, however. After all, it was Mark Jones who at one point, in his role as "wrestling historian," asserted that Stanley Radwan, the man who trained Tony Cecchine, never even existed.

He did, of course, and after tracking down the priest at the church both he and Tony Cecchine attended in Cleveland, I was able to place Radwan and Tony in the same church at the same time -- which perfectly matches what Cecchine has always said about Radwan and how he knew him.

2) Tony didn't cancel any seminars in 2008 and 2009, as someone suggested up thread. I know this because I attended the 2009 seminar, and I know people who attended the 2008 seminar -- and have seen pictures from the event. I can't speak to 2007 personally, but I CAN extrapolate out from the other two falsely-reported instances that the person who so confidently detailed these facts doesn't have much credibility.

Finally, I have given out my name, and have no reason to hide who I am. I'm one of Tony's students and I appeared in the latest series he did for Paladin, "Snap, No Tap!" -- which I happen to think is the one of the best instructional series I've seen.

People like Atomic Elbow, on the other hand, hide behind cutesy little internet handles, spouting off from the safety of a computer nook. Sack up, brother. If you have something to say about somebody and you stand behind it, attach your name to it.

Otherwise, why in the world would anybody care what you have to say?
2/5/10 11:54 AM
proteinwisdom

Here's a more complete telling of the tale. And unlike anything like the innuendo Shannon's always trafficked in, this is SOURCED. The Truth About Scientific Wrestling: http://catchwreste.blogspot.com/
2/5/10 6:46 PM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting.
2/5/10 9:23 PM
de braco

Jakes done a good job of sweeping the whole Iaskevitch thing under the rug.The Carpentier story is obviously straight up bullshit also.
2/6/10 6:49 AM
laqueus

What is it about these 'name' catch wrestlers that people think they know so much? Is it the number of moves or their understanding of principles?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.