UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Wrestlers and Catch Wrestling

3/8/09 2:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
de braco
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WRONG Victor.SHOTGUN APPROACH causes havok and wavy reply.Videos purchased from tony on internet without license to drive.After watching many times,refund unavaiable.Only technique certifiable by jake unbreakable or breakable with certification.
3/8/09 5:36 PM
Victor Parlati
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"SHOTGUN APPROACH causes havoc and wavy reply."

***THANKS for explaining how and why that is. Asserting something is true without any underlying rationale is just not very persuasive, is it?!

"Videos purchased from Tony on internet without license to drive."

***SO ???

"After watching many times,refund unavailable."

***AND you should be entitled to a refund after watching a video MANY TIMES because of what reason, did you say? (Any video, not just Tony Cecchine's).

"Only technique certifiable by jake unbreakable or breakable with certification."

***PLEASE stop this foolery. Jake is no more of an authority on cacc than at least 100 other people who could be mentioned. He's a businessman first and foremost who's been looking to cash in on catch for the longest.

Fine. And he does a good job of filming,producing, and selling videos by REAL cacc authorities.

But that's as far as it goes.

A shotgun approach when there's a scarcity of instructors, schools, videos, books, etc. clearly makes a lot of sense.
3/8/09 6:20 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A certification process overseen by Billy Robinson is about as authoritative as one can get, surely?
3/8/09 9:03 PM
de braco
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrestling of any kind is a based on demostratable skill,not certification bought from jake or anyone else.
3/8/09 9:13 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But who better to judge demonstratable skill when it comes to catch wrestling than Billy Robinson?
3/8/09 10:12 PM
Victor Parlati

I'm going to rest my case right here, right now - as I have no more time or patience for the Jake Shannon-driven nonsense that has been perpetrated on this and numerous other wrestling website forums over the last number of years.

(Including a website forum that Shannon purposely crashed - and another, ie.- the catch forum right here on mma.tv - that he purposely misled Kirik into eliminating under false pretenses - as he (Jake) thought he was about to be exposed as the guy who DID crash the former wrestling site that I just alluded to).

BUT BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND:

How anyboody interested in cacc could pooh-pooh the idea of studying what Fugiwara, Barnett, Sakuraba, Cecchine, and the others mentioned have done is beyond any reasonable comprehension?!

This is CLEARLY all about some sort of Cecchine vs. Shannon thing - and I can't be bothered with this crap anymore.

AGAIN, for those who are truly interested in cacc: FORGET THE POLITICS AND THE ECONOMICS - AND TAKE A SHOTGUN APPROACH.

What's gone on right on this thread alone should open your eyes as to just how much personal animosities, politics, and economic interests have polluted the atmosphere.

End of story.
3/8/09 11:32 PM
de braco

Robinson is without a doubt one of the best authorities on cacc,but the certification thing is a move by jake to discredit anyone not holding certification from his orginization.
3/9/09 12:17 AM
e. kaye

Edited: 04/01/09 4:03 PM
 Philanderer-You are clueless.  You know nothing about my relationship with Tony or what I have done for him.   

You have some problem, I am not sure what.

Whatever it is, it is pathetic.   Really childish.   Really lame.

3/9/09 5:36 AM
temp220239

Check out the website I started www.americancombatassn.com I'm co-writing a book on The History of American Submission Wrestling with Erik Paulson and hosting some seminars to teach amateur wreslers catch techniques in addition to promoting old school combo shows. I wanted 2 join in on these forums because I'm a boxer amateur wrestler judoka and pro wrestler who was fortunate enough to be trained by Billy Wicks and Johnny Huskey on catch. Catch as catch can is great for those with an amateur wrestling background. It can be challenging if you don't have a wrestling or judo background but if you do it can help you make the world your playground. I won the Florida Submission wrestling championship and Southeast regionals using catch based techniques. In addition, I've recommended it to my wrestling buddies and they love it. Join our website (membership will be affordable I'm working with Erik to figure an amount) and buy the book Rough and Tumble: A History of American Submission Wrestling when It comes out in June. Alot of stuff in their people don't know and it's presented in an entertaining fashion. Also if you live in NC check out Huskey Submissions, if u live in Jersey check out NJ Toe hold club, Ca CSW of course, and TX Texas Catch Wrestling Club. I put my stamp of approval on those clubs.
3/9/09 5:41 AM
temp220239

Also I feel it's the man not the style and you should do whatever works for you. I love catch but I'm a big powerful guy and I have friends who are not and love BJJ. I say learn everything, do what works for you, respect all styles and JOIN WWW.AMERICANCOMBATASSN.COM Even if you aren't a fight fan our beach wrestling vids w/ Denise Milani will entice and "entertain" you. Also buy the book I'm writing with Erik ie Rough and Tumble: A History of American Submission Wrestling.
3/9/09 5:49 AM
temp220239

I'm reading this back and forth stuff and I must say that Jake has been a great help to me and the book. I honestly didn't know he had a certification program but he's got top Olympic and submission wrestlers and mma fighters affiliated with him. I also don't think it's really worthwhile to insult people who are trying to promote catch or fighting in general. For example, so many people bash Tony Cechine. I don't know him but I did a technique series for my website with Mike Rosales and the Tx Catch Wrestling Club and they speak highly of Tony and his techniques. Erik Paulson also tells me that he likes Tony's techniques and his promotion of catch in general and he asked me to reach out 2 Tony for our book. Let's all spend our energies learning what works and if we're gonna go after anyone why not go after the SOB's that are trying to block states from allowing MMA competitions.
3/9/09 9:13 AM
de braco

Talk like that has no place on this thread.Even my havok and wavy reply statement was rebutted.
3/9/09 9:33 AM
Victor Parlati

Excellent posts, temp...

Keep up the good work, and keep us posted. I, for one, will definitely be on the lookout for your book with Erik.
3/22/09 1:08 AM
supersaiyan

TEMP HAS owned this thread n i agree... we gotta stop with the bashing of Tony vs Shannonvs Furey blah blahlbha ...stop it already...just train and learn.

i have all of Tony C dvds except the Certification course...i thought they were ALL good imo Toney even replied within hours after i emailed him for my dvd package that hadnt arrived when i expected to..

He told me he sent it and it did arrive that day lol

we even chatted a lil back n forth n he seemed like a cool guy and he did deliver as far as the products...(this coming from a BJJ guy)...just utilize and breed what works n combine catch with whatever you are studying now and enjoy.

:) ss
4/1/09 2:36 PM
MOLON LAVE

Catch Wrestling is a tremendous art. Especially the way Tony C teaches it. Let's not forget to mention Bruce Lee's coaching skills, either.

However, just like anything else, it is the student's responsibility to put in the work in order to advance.
4/1/09 4:17 PM
supersaiyan

yep
6/22/09 1:11 AM
Victor Parlati

Edited: 06/22/09 1:18 AM
Has anybody seen the new Tony Cecchine video series?

I just received an email about it, and it's called "Snap, no tap".

Here's a link: http://www.paladinpress.com/product/1144/17
6/22/09 10:37 AM
supersaiyan

yeah i got an email about a month ago or just under...n looks like good stuff... but i really am wondering how much stuff can actually be added on to everything he already has shown??

i am pretty sure i am solid with just the LOAH series alone lol :)
6/22/09 1:13 PM
Victor Parlati

Edited: 06/22/09 1:14 PM
What interests me (and I've got to see more) is the emphasis in the video teasers/promos about real world situations (ie.- how to mix some boxing, knee and elbow strikes, how to stay on your feet when the situation may call for it against a wrestler/grappler, how to mix catch wrestling with striking when on the ground, being aware of the geography/environment/other people...in other words, he takes a MMA/street self defense approach to catch wrestling.
6/22/09 1:41 PM
supersaiyan

yeah i can agree but i mean really how far different can it really be than MMA with MT/boxing ...i am sure u can utilize that stuff outta ya head n be creative and using simple techs...hell its not even techs --just call them "reactional reflexes". I am sure if have all his TRI-C stuff as i do u can come up with some of the stuff he charging us a grand or 2? for allover again imo.

i would like to get it but dman 2gs??
6/22/09 1:43 PM
supersaiyan

i am sure if i came to your place or we hooked up...if i just started making up stuff (practical) you be like .."damn i coulda figured that out" or the dreaded...

"how come i didnt think of that?!!"" lol

i used to do that in BJJ class all the time lol
6/22/09 1:50 PM
AtomicElbow
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MOLON LAVE - Catch Wrestling is a tremendous art. Especially the way Tony C teaches it. Let's not forget to mention Bruce Lee's coaching skills, either.

However, just like anything else, it is the student's responsibility to put in the work in order to advance.

LOL- how was anyone supposed to advance in the ICWA when he cancels it, doesn't respond to phone calls or emails, and blames US for not buying enough products?!

Not that Tony Cecchine is worth spending money on, but you can't advance in his ranking system when he keeps getting rid of one org and starting another (from ICWA to "In the Loop" to whatever else it is now). he keeps ripping people off, there is no reason to advance in his worthless system.

But this new product will fail like everything else Toni cecchine has done in life- there are enough dvds out there on self defense and mixing grappling with striking that there is no reason to donate any more money to him. People can just buy the tapes that Toni cecchine learned from instead of getting the information 2nd hand
6/22/09 2:09 PM
supersaiyan

temp22039-

i appreciate and agree with your thread man all the way hahah...i am gonna check ya site :)
6/22/09 2:23 PM
Victor Parlati

The "Snap, no Tap" video series is 7 volumes (12 discs) for $275.00 according to the email I received.

I might consider that.

But no, I won't be spending $2,000. to join his organization.
6/23/09 12:43 AM
supersaiyan

^^^ lol oh ok thanks for the correction...i thought the vidoes were 2 gs ( not that it makes me feel any better ).

yeah i will most likely get that 275 pack if ANYTHING ...but thats it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.