UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Wrestlers and Catch Wrestling

6/23/09 4:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
de braco
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AtomicElbow - 
MOLON LAVE - Catch Wrestling is a tremendous art. Especially the way Tony C teaches it. Let's not forget to mention Bruce Lee's coaching skills, either.

However, just like anything else, it is the student's responsibility to put in the work in order to advance.

LOL- how was anyone supposed to advance in the ICWA when he cancels it, doesn't respond to phone calls or emails, and blames US for not buying enough products?!

Not that Tony Cecchine is worth spending money on, but you can't advance in his ranking system when he keeps getting rid of one org and starting another (from ICWA to "In the Loop" to whatever else it is now). he keeps ripping people off, there is no reason to advance in his worthless system.

But this new product will fail like everything else Toni cecchine has done in life- there are enough dvds out there on self defense and mixing grappling with striking that there is no reason to donate any more money to him. People can just buy the tapes that Toni cecchine learned from instead of getting the information 2nd hand

Now Your just coming across as petty, jake
6/23/09 4:49 PM
e. kaye
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL
6/24/09 11:57 AM
e. kaye

Bot it.  Will post a review after viewing. 
6/24/09 2:27 PM
Victor Parlati

Looking forward to it, Eric.
6/26/09 11:59 AM
Neckcranku
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be picking up the new Cecchine set in the near future.
6/26/09 12:41 PM
Victor Parlati

Looking forward to your critique also, Bill.
6/26/09 10:24 PM
de braco
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

neckcranku is surendering to the siren song of the dark side.
6/27/09 3:05 PM
AtomicElbow
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/27/09 3:08 PM
de braco - "Now Your just coming across as petty, jake"

Sorry, Im not Jake. But you've got 119 other guesses. Keep trying.Theres nothing petty about reminding everyone that Toni Cecchine has a history of ripping people off, and of failing. So to sum up Tony Cecchine's life:

Tony Cecchine is a FAILURE as a competitor- he never accomplished anything or even competed.

Tony Cecchine is a FAILURE as an instructor- no one he trained ever accomplished anything.

Tony Cecchine is a FAILURE in business- ICWA failed, no one wants to come to his seminars and no one is buying his DVDs.

Tony Cecchine is a FAILURE as a parent- he is a deadbeat dad.

Tony Cecchine is a FAILURE in life- he is 45 years old, still lives with his mother and hasnt had a job in 10 yrs. he'll be on public assistance very soon

Yeah Tony Cecchine- a real American success story. LOL @ Tony Cecchine!

Hey Bill C, is Tony comping you a free set since you paid for the ICWA webssite? Will that make up for when he banned both you AND your wife from a site that you paid for. Or for crashing groundfight.com
6/27/09 3:51 PM
e. kaye

LOL-AtomicDouchebag lives down to his reputation.   

Did Tony decline to fuck you in the ass or something? 

'Cause you sound like a spurned lover.

6/27/09 11:06 PM
Victor Parlati

Edited: 06/29/09 2:09 PM
"Hey Bill C, is Tony comping you a free set since you paid for the ICWA webssite? Will that make up for when he banned both you AND your wife from a site that you paid for. Or for crashing groundfight.com" (AtomicElbow)

***THESE REMARKS are very suspicious. Keep something in mind, Sherlock's...oftentimes it's THE guilty party who accuses others of the crime he committed in order to throw suspicion elsewhere.

Welcome back to the forum, Jake.
6/28/09 8:19 PM
de braco

What was groundfight.com?
6/28/09 9:37 PM
Victor Parlati

Edited: 06/29/09 12:09 AM
Neckcranku's old website forum that covered all kinds of topics/discussions/information related to wrestling (including catch), grappling, judo, jiu jitsu,sambo, etc.

Very mysteriously crashed RIGHT BEFORE one Jake Shannon got Kirik to approve having a catch wrestling forum here (and with Jake as the lead moderator).
6/29/09 3:21 PM
supersaiyan

neckcranku -

do u plan to build up another website since the aftermath of the previous one?
6/29/09 3:24 PM
supersaiyan

i check the site but its a Sombo related site .
6/29/09 3:37 PM
Victor Parlati

Edited: 06/29/09 3:46 PM
He must have renewed the website - but as a sombo site exclusively. Previously, it covered virtually all wrestling/grappling styles.
6/29/09 4:07 PM
supersaiyan

ahhh i see ok thanks :)
6/29/09 4:08 PM
supersaiyan

is he the guy in the video or pics?
6/29/09 4:17 PM
supersaiyan

Temp-

i just saw the site and looks nice...lovely GIRLS..

now maybe i can actually get into combat arts aspect now that ,that part is over with :)
6/29/09 8:28 PM
AtomicElbow
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone please excuse e.kaye- he and Tony Cecchine are in a monogamous relationship and e.kaye gets angry if Tony even thinks about buttfucking someone other than him.

But while were on the subject of homosexuality- Bill Cogswell, did you get annoyed that Tony brought you and the other ICWA guys to gay bars when you were there in 2003? (Bill doesnt drink, and got irked at the gay bars in chicago charging $5 a beer)

Tony Cecchine did engage in heterosexual intercourse at least once- the paternity test proved his son is actually his. Since then, e.kaye has helped resolve his sexual identity issues and they both fully accept their homosexuality

Of course e.kaye resorts to personal attacks and projecting his and Tony Cecchine's own gayness onto other to try to shift the focus away from issues he can't refute:

ripping off all of the ICWA members

being a deadbeat dad

living with his mother

not working for the past 10 years

never accomplishing anything worthwhile
6/29/09 8:33 PM
AtomicElbow

Victor Parlati - "Hey Bill C, is Tony comping you a free set since you paid for the ICWA webssite? Will that make up for when he banned both you AND your wife from a site that you paid for. Or for crashing groundfight.com" (AtomicElbow)

***THESE REMARKS are very suspicious. Keep something in mind, Sherlock's...oftentimes it's THE guilty party who accuses others of the crime he committed in order to throw suspicion elsewhere.

Welcome back to the forum, Jake.

Keep calling me Jake all you want, but the IP signature proves I'm not him.

So are you trying to deny that Bill Cogswell paid for the ICWA site and that both he AND his wife (who never posted there) both got banned?

Bill himself had the hacker traced the 1st two times, and it was someone from Illinois, jake was from CA at the time. Tony Cecchine lives in Ill. The 3rd time Bill said it was from CA- but CA is a big state, Jake living there doesn't prove it was him
6/29/09 8:36 PM
AtomicElbow

it was scuffler on the Catch forum here who found all of cecchines moves on LAOH on other tape sets. Also something of interest

http://www.thearma.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12877

From Matt Shields post on Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:30 am

There is also a record of him buying Gokor Chivikian's (Sambo/Judo under Gene Lebell) Leg Lock tape set only three weeks before filming the leg lock section of his ten series tapes, in which he performs a completely identical 7 leg lock chain.

No need to buy anything from cecchine- just buy it from where he learned it.
6/29/09 10:30 PM
workman43113
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you want authentic catch be resourceful and look for old timers in the early 70-80's range. I live in a rural area and found a true genuine catch wrestler who only wrestled real matches. No need to go to an audit or buy tapes if you do the groundwork you will find them. It took me almost 2 years but at 79 years old Charlie Davis my catch coach completely changed the way I view grappling. I used to train in BJJ with Jorge Gurgel, Rich Franklin, Dustin Hazelett, Dustin Ware and to many great grapplers to name, I'm no world beater but I have won multiple grappling tournaments in advanced divisions and nothing I mean nothing I learned up until training with Mr. Davis can touch the effectiveness or know how of this man or art for my personal style. Catch is not suited for all but those who it is for will reap the rewards. If top notch wrestlers would train in catch style wrestling they would be dominating and submitting top level BJJ guys in sport and fight because it perfectly compliments those with a strong wrestling base and allows them to be dangerously offensive submission wise where as when they train BJJ it seems to make them able to defend and position better but not launch a truly offensive submission assault that catch would create.

P.S. I'm not knocking bjj or saying catch is superior so all bjj nutt jockers please refrain from commenting, thank you
6/29/09 10:49 PM
Victor Parlati

Thanks for the very informative post, workman. Charlie Davis, huh?! Never heard of him, but old time catch wrestlers popping out of the woodworks are always welcome!

Great find!

Would love to hear more about his methods and what some of the specifics are that have helped you in comps against BJJ.
6/29/09 11:06 PM
Victor Parlati

Edited: 06/29/09 11:07 PM
Correction, AtomicElbow:

On EVERY occasion that Bill's old website crashed, Bill let it be known that the hacker was traced to an address that could either be California or Illinois.
6/29/09 11:07 PM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I too would love to hear more about Charlie Davis.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.