e. kaye
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Super - you in Brooklyn?
7/7/09 2:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Victor Parlati

supersaiyan,

I think you meant to say Jake Shannon, not Shields.

Yes?
7/7/09 8:00 PM
supersaiyan

^^ yes oops JAKE SHANNON not shields^^
7/7/09 8:01 PM
supersaiyan

ekaye-

unforturnately no i am in ny at all and moved to PA since pops is sick n all that.. i was in queens tho :)

been here about 3 months
7/23/09 11:24 AM
scuffler

Edited: 07/23/09 11:26 AM
Jeff G did not refute the claims against Cecchine. What he did was threaten legal action against people, myself included, who no longer really gave a rats ass in order to silence them. He also posted personal attacks and twisted words. He is a skilled internet debater who was working with the fear of legal action as a hammer.

I gave him (Jeff G) a strong lead, the fact that Radwan's daughter is still living and "may" well have info. He claimed he would check into it. Never heard anymore of it? He either didn't like what she had to say, didn't find her, or she knew nothing.

At this point I have lost interest in everything except what works, and real life has gotten in the way of even that. I have encounter some health issues and in light of that all this seems so frivolous. Maybe just go train? Compete if you want to, don't if you have no interest, and do nothing that you will regret on your deathbed.

I do regret the implosion of the old catch forum, I still think it could have worked if people weren't so sensitive. You can disagree and argue without getting your panties in a wad, taking your ball and going home.

I don't agree with certifications, but overall I like what Jake is doing for catch with the oldtimers. It breaks my heart to think that soon all of these guys will be gone, and their knowledge with it.

Team Ironlock, now based in Jonesville Va. and team FAST of Norton Va. are heavily catch influenced, usually put 6 to 10 fighter on every local show and probably win 80 to 90 percent of their fights, maybe more if you don't count the fights they have with each other. They are big fish in a small pond but they do compete and they compete a lot and they win a lot.

At this point in my life I don't really care to "debate" the Cecchine matter, defend the business practices of anyone else, or even be a defender of catch. I just want to enjoy what time I have left in life and try to finally do a few things I've put off for a long time.

God bless all in the catch community, including those I've argued with. I've never taken anything personal.
7/23/09 11:54 AM
e. kaye

Nice Mark, but that is not the case.

Anyone can read the posts and see for themselves.   Jeff dismantles all of the distortions and theories.

Hell, I did most of it on the RMATA thread that is still around.   Jeff G. just went the extra mile.

HEre is the RMATA thread:    http://vincentfields.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=41

7/23/09 1:06 PM
PoundforPound
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry to hear about your health Scuffler. Hope it gets better.

Do you happen to know in what general area of the country Radwan's daughter might be?
7/23/09 1:52 PM
e. kaye

FYI-Jeff found Radwan's daughter and confirmed Radwan went to the church where Tony was an altar boy.

7/23/09 2:14 PM
scuffler

Thanks p4p, I'm just trying to look at life a little different now. It's a short time here for all of us, best to make the most of it.

----------------------

All I can say for sure is that he threatened me with legal action.

Anyway, take care can keep a good thought.
7/23/09 2:22 PM
e. kaye

Umm, Jeff never threatened you with legal action.
7/23/09 2:31 PM
scuffler

Eric, I think I would know that a little better than you would.
7/23/09 2:32 PM
e. kaye

Umm, no.     I think that you are confusing Jeff with Rick Pearl.  
7/23/09 2:37 PM
scuffler

No, I'm not. Rick emailed me and was very pleasant. Never threatened me in any way.

Jeff Gold.... whatever his name is threatened me in detail as to charges, legal specifics...etc.

It just doesn't matter now.

I really don't care who is right and who screwed who anymore. But on this it is personal experience and I can assure you with God as my witness that Jeff whatever his name is, the blogger, threatened me with a multiple count lawsuit.
7/23/09 2:39 PM
e. kaye

Whatever.  He says otherwise.
7/23/09 2:43 PM
scuffler

He's not being truthful then.

I went so far as to meet with an ex-student who is an attorney and look over the issues.

Anyway, best to you and hope all goes well for you.
7/23/09 10:16 PM
de braco
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your right about getting on with life,in the big picture all this jake and tony shit means nothing and has gotten completly out of hand.When Ceccine brought out the laoh with wma i hoped for the resurection of cacc,but think it's destined to maybe just gimp along like it has for the last 50 years,with a relative few carrying on.If not for the laoh set,we wouldn't have jake shannon and his certification nonsense.So at least we can owe(blame) tony for that.
7/23/09 10:29 PM
de braco
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"God bless all in the catch community, including those I've argued with. I've never taken anything personal." scuffler

Same here, i'm sure i've said alot of things that were uncalled for over the years,but it was never personal,except for the time i called drew a f'n noob,that was called for
7/24/09 1:28 AM
Victor Parlati

Hey, scuffler (Mark)...good luck!
8/8/09 12:51 AM
Shoothook

How about pointing out the guys in Catch who are actually out there doing something..... Kelly Leo who is the Head Instructor at the Madison Wrestling Club is the Welter Weight Champ for Psychout Promotions. He has put together an impressive pro record. He has won a bucket of medals in grappling tournaments around the south. And also produces the finest Grappling/Catch tournament I've ever seen. (see Shoothook.net) The MWC routinely has guys in MMA and grappling events. These are the people we need to promote. Let the other stuff go....

I would like to hear about Ammy or Pro fighters who have a CACC base from anyone on the forum. We need to support them. And before we get on the topic of CACC pedigree... Remember Ed "Strangler" Lewis first learned wrestling from a Spaulding Wrestling book....

As for good references on CACC Mark Hatmaker, Erik Paulson, Jake Shannon all produce fine products.
8/8/09 6:35 AM
de braco

U hafta be trolling about Hatmaker,some of the worst i've seen in 30 years.As for jake,if you call taping legit guys like cardinal and robinson with a camcorder in a seminar setting with atrocious audio and overall production value sub 1982 panther video and selling for the cost of a high quality commercial product,then jake does produce fine products.
8/9/09 8:12 PM
Shoothook

I like hatmaker's stuff. I've been to one of his seminars and I own a lot of his tapes/books. I found it useful. As for Jake's stuff I wouldn't know where you could access more real info on CACC. That's why I think it's valuable. But it's all good...
8/10/09 5:47 PM
de braco

To each his own.The thing about hatmaker is he's not a wrestler, he was a white belt bjj guy who started making videos with techniques he copied from videos adding his made up "improvements" and names that would only work on someone comatose.There's a thread on the bjj board about his new set and the moves with his "improvements" copied straight from Pat Militichs set.
8/11/09 11:41 PM
Anek

Edited: 08/11/09 11:55 PM
8/19/09 9:46 PM
ocianain

de braco - neckcranku is surendering to the siren song of the dark side.

Nah....He's just honest and apolitical.
8/19/09 9:59 PM
de braco

It's gotten to you to.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.