UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Southeast division...

1/2/08 4:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Jan-08

This division is really really bad news. Canes are struggling lately, and no team is taking advantage of it. Again, it raises the question should division winners automatically get at least a 3rd seed? I'm a big believer that division winners should secure a playoff spot, but a 3rd seed? Not so much. We saw how it went with Atlanta last season, it is more beneficial these days to be a 6th seed than to be a 4th or 5th seed it seems..
1/3/08 6:26 AM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Jan-08
Yeah I like it. It adds an extra layer to the playoffs, you know, and makes those "Division Champ" banners mean something. I mean most of the time, when you have 32 games in your division the div. champs is going to be up near the top 3 anyway.
1/3/08 12:47 PM
PTA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like the divisional seeding as well. it makes winning your division meaningful. i love the idea that you could have hte 2nd best record in the conference & still get the 4th seed in the playoffs.
1/3/08 2:21 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alright...all good points, all were missing is a troll to come in and gets things going.
1/3/08 2:39 PM
PTA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the leafs will clearly win the cup this year
1/3/08 4:37 PM
goeb

What they jsut beat the Lightening in a shootout? Did you see clemmenson, I bet Lou Lameriello is upset he kept Brodeur instead of him. JFJ strikes again!
1/3/08 5:37 PM
snigglefish
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm all in favor of it....might give my Canes a chance to squeak in! Ugh...the moniker Southleast is back. .....hangs head in shame
1/3/08 7:08 PM
goeb

Sniggle, canes fans are pissed. I'm glad Rutherford dropped Grahame. But with all the injuries, sure will be tough for them to win without Cullen and Williams..and the other 4 guys out.
1/3/08 9:18 PM
snigglefish
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I'm not upset he's gone....I wouldn't want to be a goalie for them right now with the D game we are playing. Both Grahame and Ward have been soft lately...no doubt....but we can't seem to mount a basic meat and potatoes D for 3 periods without glaring chances for the opponent. I'm actually more peeved about the whole Southleast thing....felt like we'd crawled out of that cellar. I want hockey to succeed down here (not only in NC but all over) and giving the talking heads at ESPN another reason to put down hockey sux.
1/4/08 2:46 PM
goeb

Edited: 04-Jan-08
^ Yeah, I get what your saying. Seems like there is always on one good team in the southeast each year. Now there is not really a good one period, it was supposed to be the Canes, but maybe they'll turn it around.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.