UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> ru guys ready for BLACK PRESIDENT

1/8/08 6:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cp31
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Jan-08
Is the US ready for a Baptist preacher to be president?
1/8/08 7:00 PM
Bones
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Colin Powell should have been the 1st black president.

exactly.  I always said he would have made the best president in history imo.

1/8/08 7:03 PM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Jan-08 07:08 PM
ARE YOU READY FOR A
1/8/08 7:04 PM
Dratherbe

"People who say that the country isn't ready for a black president are really saying that THEY aren't ready for a black president. Their mistake is assuming that the world is as white supremacist as they are." Not necessarily. When I tell people to stay out of Watts at night, it's not because I'm gonna whup their ass.
1/8/08 7:05 PM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is it? I don't get your analogy.
1/8/08 7:11 PM
Souljacker
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser is correct. Iowa proved middle america white people are fine with a black president. Sure there are more than a handful out there that are not ready and don't want it. But Iowa showed more than you think are ready
1/8/08 7:14 PM
Dratherbe

Edited: 08-Jan-08 07:22 PM
"Why is it? I don't get your analogy." It's because some people in that neighborhood probably will whup their ass. Not all the people there, but some of the people. There are more violent crimes committed in that neighborhood than in the neighborhood I live in. It's a statistical reality. In the ghetto culture, it is more acceptable to whup someone's ass for being in the wrong neighborhood or being the wrong race or color. Just because I recognize the cultural difference doesn't make me part of that culture. so... Where the analogy connects is that while I would love to vote for a competent black conservative - Thomas Sowell, especially - I don't think he would be electable because I don't think the cultural median is to that point yet. ...I was raised in the ghetto. I "have black friends". I'm married to a latina. My mentor is a black man. It certainly can sometimes be doublespeak - the old "well, I don't mind, but 'some people' might be concerned" - but not always.
1/8/08 7:15 PM
Rali
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the timing is perfect for a black President and Obama will be the one.
1/8/08 7:16 PM
PoundforPound
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still holding out hope that the US wakes up and notices how correct Ron Paul is on most things. But if he has no shot, then Obama is certainly preferable to any of the Republican candidates. I don't see what the color of his skin has to do with anything. If he has good ideas then he has good ideas.
1/8/08 7:34 PM
Fraser

He's black. How is he not black? In the US, if you look black you are black. Period.
1/8/08 7:40 PM
Rali
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's up with the US hate today Fraser? If you think everyone here is a racist, you're friends and the people you hang out with must be racist. Mine aren't and maybe that's why I'm not as jaded as you.
1/8/08 7:47 PM
bluedragon

Edited: 08-Jan-08 07:52 PM
SJ, you realize after Obama wins the presidency, I am coming to collect my bet in person from you. Ol' bluedragon was a cooke months back. Had no idea what he was talking about. Even took a str8 bet that should have garnered him 16-1 oddds. Obama has no chance...blah blah blah. Ahhhh...yes. Glory days ahead my friends. State by state Obama will take over. Why? Because he is a man of the people who is sick of the same b.s. games the govt. has been playing for the past many years. He has mobilized the youth of America with his anti-occupation stance. And it is the youth of this great country who is on the front line of the occupation. For those with a brain, they will put two and two together. For those with half a brain, these facts will not allow yourself to register it. Once the brainwashing subsides, and you check your ego at the door, you will come around, and I will welcome you. For we do not discriminate at camp Obama. We show you the error of your ways, and offer help to change. Because change is what this is all about going forward. OBAMA 08!
1/8/08 7:49 PM
Dratherbe

^ lol. Ah, yes. drinking the kool-aid...or purple drank.
1/8/08 7:51 PM
bluedragon

No Dratherbe, just smarter than you. Have been calling for these times for over a year now, and it is coming to fruition. Continue on with your hate mongering. All it does is divide this country full of great Americans. You should be proud of yourself, for without the dividing hate in your heart, you would have nothing.
1/8/08 7:54 PM
bluedragon

ALL churchs are racist in my opinion. The fact that he doesn't make religion a crutch of his agenda is what seperates him from most of the candidates.
1/8/08 7:55 PM
Dratherbe

Edited: 08-Jan-08 08:02 PM
"No Dratherbe, just smarter than you. Have been calling for these times for over a year now, and it is coming to fruition." Fruition? Like, from the root to the fruit? Thank you brother...I'm starting to see now...I've been bamboozled, hoodwinked, run-amucked! Lead on, brother, lead on...I don't know where you're going or how much it's gonna cost me but it sure feels good to be excited.
1/8/08 7:55 PM
bluedragon

LOL! He called Kenya today to say hi and to calm things down over there.
1/8/08 7:58 PM
Dratherbe

"ALL churchs are racist in my opinion" I love it. The ole "everybody does it" rationale. Is your politician corrupt? So is everybody else. The whole system is corrupt! (So he's really not so bad, k?) That's right brother, lead with the heart. The head may catch-up later...
1/8/08 7:59 PM
bluedragon

Edited: 08-Jan-08 08:04 PM
I don't know, urb. I try to keep religion out of politics. I know its hard in the current world, but I try. Also, you are going to have to try harder if that is all you are coming at Obama with. "Is your politician corrupt?" Nope, but yours is!
1/8/08 8:02 PM
Captain Insano X

"People who say that the country isn't ready for a black president are really saying that THEY aren't ready for a black president." Wrong. It's a matter of knowing the country in which you live.
1/8/08 8:04 PM
Fraser

"If you think everyone here is a racist" What on earth have I posted that makes you draw this conclusion?
1/8/08 8:13 PM
Extendo
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/8/08 8:41 PM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"State by state Obama will take over. Why? Because he is a man of the people who is sick of the same b.s. games the govt. has been playing for the past many years. He has mobilized the youth of America with his anti-occupation stance. And it is the youth of this great country who is on the front line of the occupation. For those with a brain, they will put two and two together. For those with half a brain, these facts will not allow yourself to register it. Once the brainwashing subsides, and you check your ego at the door, you will come around, and I will welcome you. For we do not discriminate at camp Obama. We show you the error of your ways, and offer help to change. Because change is what this is all about going forward." This is what bothers me about Obama. Pure demagoguery. Change is coming, change is coming blah blah bullshit. For those saying Reagan and Clinton were the same in terms of experience, being a Governor is a bit better than a one term Senator imo.
1/8/08 8:55 PM
Fraser

"Wrong. It's a matter of knowing the country in which you live." "Where the analogy connects is that while I would love to vote for a competent black conservative - Thomas Sowell, especially - I don't think he would be electable because I don't think the cultural median is to that point yet." Fine, let me amend my statement. People who say that the country isn't ready for a black president are really saying that THEY aren't ready for a black president. Their mistake is assuming that the world believes as strongly in the power of white supremacy as they do.
1/8/08 9:06 PM
Fraser

I know. *kicks rock*

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.