UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> ru guys ready for BLACK PRESIDENT

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/13/08 9:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jellyman
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Feb-08
Clinton was President during the War on Drugs CASE CLOSED
2/13/08 9:31 AM
Seemore Butts
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Feb-08 09:42 AM
I will not vote for either candidate but I think Obama will smash Mccain. In my opion there is about 50% of the country that is sick of whats going on right now and will vote for anything that is different.  I dont think him being black will matter either, he seems to be really popular with anyone because of his charisma.  I have also noticed a lot of conservatives like him over Mccain, due to his lack of experience.. His lack of experience will help him not hurt him.
2/13/08 9:31 AM
Seemore Butts
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Feb-08 09:41 AM
2/13/08 9:37 AM
Tom Cruise
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"he has no plan, just talks about changes and the future blah blah blah."

This is the same tired bs that everyone who is too lazy to watch the debates or look at his website say.

Of course he has real politics and plans for them. You merely have to look past his "blackness" in order to want to know what he is saying.

Unfortunately, there are few on the OG that will do that.

2/13/08 9:42 AM
jellyman
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"That's 1 view but his church seems more racist than most, what's the story here?" I don't see how you can say his church is racist if white people are welcomed and report having a good time. For example: <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ioaChVw_pUw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>
2/13/08 9:45 AM
gordinho

that whole thing about obama being a former muslim and his church being racist is just so much slanderous bullshit.
2/13/08 9:47 AM
jellyman

Edited: 13-Feb-08 09:54 AM
See, if David Duke could just get some black folks to report on what a great time they had at the NAAWP meetings they get regularly invited to, he'd be off the racist hook too. But for some reason, he can't pull this off. WHY OH WHY do no black people voluntarily step forward and tell us about the good times they have at the NAAWP? PC Conspiracy? Busy hanging out with Elvis and Bigfoot? who knows?
2/13/08 9:51 AM
Seemore Butts

lol @ Obama becoming president. That will never happen. lol @ naive tree huggers and Oprah followers.

Not a tree hugger at all and think he will win.

2/13/08 9:53 AM
Tsuruta

Edited: 13-Feb-08 09:59 AM
Here is the thing that interests me the most if Obama wins. It sets race relations on its ear. For years, race relations have been nothing more than all whites oppress all blacks. Obama cannot win the election if 100% of blacks voted for him but no whites or other ethnicities do. There are not enough blacks in the US to tip the scales. For Obama to win, he must carry significant white vote. How will it be spun by the black pundits regarding race relations if not only is their supposition proven wrong but smashed because whites not only supported Obama for the senate, they would have helped elect him to arguably the most powerful job in the world? Alot of excuses that have been propagated by the Al Sharptons of the world become silliness in one fell swoop if Obama wins. I am anxious to see what happens.
2/13/08 9:55 AM
jellyman

LotLizard Do you personally feel comfortable with the idea of having a black president? Based on some of your other forum comments, I'm guessing no. Also have to lol@ the "argument" that some blacks politicians are crooked, so Obama must be... what, half-crooked? I don't even see the relevance of that.
2/13/08 9:59 AM
jellyman

"For years, race relations have been nothing more than all whites oppress all blacks." Not really That's just a straw man built by demagogues. It gives the Farrakhans an excuse to demonize white people, and gives the David Dukes an excuse to pretend they are unfairly vicitmized and demonize black people for victimizing them. Obama's simple existence (half black, half white) shows race relations have changed a lot in the last few decades, OG troglodytes to the contrary.
2/13/08 10:04 AM
Tsuruta

Jelly: Your right, it is a strawman but look at how relations are covered. The media seeks out Farrakhan, Sharpton, Jackson, etc. To the rank and file in the US, the black "leaders" DO represent blacks because no other opinion is ever put forth.
2/13/08 10:12 AM
many anchovies
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there's a reason obama has distanced himself from sharpton and other "black representatives"...he doesn't want to be a black president. he wants to be a president who is black. huge distinction. his entire platform is based on transcending the old boundaries that have caused political and social gridlock in this country for so long, and he's executed masterfully. get used to the term: president obama. you'll be seeing it for eight years.
2/13/08 10:14 AM
jason hornbuckle

"No problems with having a black president as long as he does a good job." same here, which is why i won't be voting for Obama
2/13/08 10:23 AM
Tom Cruise

"I'm not racist, but..."
2/13/08 10:28 AM
metrocksncn

LOL @ bluedragon. He thnks that Obama is actually going to make a change in Washington.

"Colin Powell should have been the 1st black president."  I agree, and he could still be.

2/13/08 10:29 AM
Tom Cruise

What makes you think he won't?
2/13/08 10:34 AM
Scramslam

YOu are forgetting who votes in this Country. It's old people. Remember in 04 there was the big 'get out to vote' rally. MTV was all over it, P-Diddy was vote or die. And there was almost NO INCREASE in young people voting.

As long as old people are the major voting block, you tell me if they will vote for Obama. And no, I dont think it's fair either, but, I dunno, 80% of old people will never vote for an 'Obama.' ?

2/13/08 10:40 AM
LiveWire
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obama's simple existence (half black, half white) shows race relations have changed a lot in the last few decades, OG troglodytes to the contrary.

I generally agree with this but race relations have a long way to continue down the path.

The thing I don't like about Obama is that he has nothing on his website addressing either "White Americans aka European-Americans" or even anything that would say "Middle Class Americans" as a code word for whites.

If you look under his "people" section of his web...there is something for: African Americans, Women, Native Americans, Asian-Pacific Americans...Yet nothing addressing whites. I mean he even has a section for Lesbians, Gays and Transgenders (Doc Lizardo).

He's not getting my vote.

www.barackobama.com/index.php

2/13/08 10:47 AM
Clichy

Last night, MSNBC showed Obama's speech back to back with McCain's. He will absolutely slaughter McCain in a debate. McCain sounds like a senile boring old man and Obama sounds like the second coming of Robert Kennedy. In Presidential Elections, they always talk about gravitas and looking "Presidential," well one man has it in spades. Obama will be the next President (not just for these reasons, there are many more).
2/13/08 10:48 AM
Trust
963 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vote for change!!
2/13/08 10:52 AM
JudoWoman
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Transgenders (Doc Lizardo)." lmao what Fraser and many anchovies said.
2/13/08 10:57 AM
The PBC
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope to God Obama win?s the Democratic nomination because I know there is no way in hell he will ever be elected President, especially when you put him up against a candidate like McCain. McCain is a moderate and will win in the independent vote as well as the Republican vote. That alone gives him the best shot. Die hard Republicans are not happy about McCain but they?re not stupid either. They know given the current environment he has the best shot at winning. And Obama being black is like Tiger Woods being black, it?s laughable, but the fact is no way Hispanics or Asians? will vote for him. The only Democrats left in the South are Blacks and Blacks are voting for Obama 96% of the time. That?s how he keeps beating Hillary.
2/13/08 11:04 AM
Daredevil73
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People who say that the country isn't ready for a black president are really saying that THEY aren't ready for a black president. Their mistake is assuming that the world is as white supremacist as they are.

The only person who has said to me that America isn't ready for a black President was a black woman.

Go figure.

2/13/08 8:37 PM
PoundforPound
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ron Paul would be the best thing for this country. But if he has no chance, then Obama gets my vote.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.