UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> ru guys ready for BLACK PRESIDENT

2/14/08 3:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VincentVega
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Feb-08
Ron Paul definitely makes sense, but I saw a video of him talking of how he doesnt accept evolution & believes in the bible, etc. I can't vote for anyone who actually says that they believe in the bible over evolution.
2/14/08 4:00 PM
Seemore Butts
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ron Paul would be the best thing for this country. But if he has no chance, then Obama gets my vote.

ugh, you're kidding right?

2/14/08 9:28 PM
Scramslam
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Republicans will not show up to the polls to vote for McCain. At least not nearly as many who voted in 04. I will not vote for him, but may not just stay home, I am strongly considering voting for the dem nominee as the anti-McCain vote.
2/15/08 3:54 PM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Feb-08
"ugh, you're kidding right?" Nope. He was against the Iraq fiasco from the start. That's much preferable to "we'll be there for 100 years" McCain.
4/24/08 3:40 AM
jaseprobst
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 24 2008 12:00A
"Wouldn't that also have applied to Presidents GW Bush, Clinton, Reagan and Carter?" Those guys were all governors of states. Being a governor is better cred than a Senator, where it's hard to establish a strong record of achievement.
5/3/08 2:43 PM
jaseprobst
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fiddy's got some abs.

He gets my vote.
6/3/08 8:27 PM
pulsar

What a fucking exciting time!

If Obama does get in, America might have genuinely turned the corner! In fact, Obama's assassination could be good for the country too. It may galvanise you guys in a new direction for your country, similar to the effect JFK's assassination had

6/3/08 9:11 PM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The US should be about who is the best man for the job, regardless of race. Otherwise you're telling non-whites that they are second class citizens no matter how talented they may become.
6/3/08 11:01 PM
Kneeblock
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES WE ARE!!!

6/4/08 4:16 PM
jaseprobst

Edited: 06/04/08 4:29 PM
Clinton, Reagan and Carter had been governors, which is a ton more experience than most other kinds of candidates (esp. newbies like Obama) have.

Bush had been VP. Bush Jr. was a governor.

Obama is a bunch of feelgood promises with no way to fund or pay for them without making the economic climate worse.

i can't wait to see you democrats mess this one up...you had it in the BAG and now your reach will exceed your grasp.
6/4/08 9:31 PM
PoundforPound

jaseprobst - Bush Jr. was a governor.

A lot of good that did him, and the country. If anything that is an argument in favor of Obama.
6/4/08 10:58 PM
Kneeblock
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being a state legislator and Senator may not be a lot of executive experience, but it does give you a very good grasp of policy.  McCain's only political experience is in the legislative branch as well, so I don't see where he's really more prepared other than by virtue of having done it longer.

6/5/08 1:01 AM
WhitebeltLifer

stop stressing over who you vote for. your vote has no legal connection to the election of the president!
6/5/08 5:57 PM
jaseprobst

PoundforPound -
jaseprobst - Bush Jr. was a governor.

A lot of good that did him, and the country. If anything that is an argument in favor of Obama.

Oh, I know. But at election time it was enough (or was it? ha ha!).

I'm just saying being a senator isn't much for credentials. Most of the legislation is hard to pass and you don't have a microcosm, such as a state, to point out as your experience.

MITT ROMNEY 2012!
6/3/12 8:16 AM
MisterFixit
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Romney it is.
6/3/12 11:33 AM
Scramslam

As much as Obama has been a complete disaster, McCain wouldnt have been any better. Hopefully, Romney can straighten things out. Unless something drastically changes, Obama will indeed be a 1 term president.
6/3/12 11:56 PM
pulsar

LOL'd. I knew it was too good to be true. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.