UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> New bike possibility

1/10/08 9:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jan-08

I've been wanting a sport tourer for a little while now. I've got a line on a '99 VFR that is a salvage that was being built as a track bike. It was as front end collision, so new forks (rebuilt by aftershocks in CA), new triple, plastics and a bunch of little stuff. Also has a penske rear, corbin seat and a micron pipe. My backup is a '98 with only 11k miles. Its been down I think a couple times. Has all new plastics, but is lowered (handles like ass) and has a busted fork seal. This one will take a little work but runs very nice. Either way I'm looking forward to getting some good highway miles in and finally hitting some new twisties.
1/12/08 3:17 AM
PeterIrl
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Jan-08
If you're going a sporty tourer have you considered a VTR100f firestorm/superhawk?
1/13/08 12:10 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Jan-08
Thought about it, but it has a smaller gas tank and carbs. If I was gonna do a liter twin I'd probably look at the sv1k with some ergo mods. The 5th gen VFR is really what I'm after though. I'll never figure out why honda 'upgraded' that bike by adding 40 lbs, doing away with the gear driven cams and adding the annoying vtec.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.