UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Any of you watching the debate?

1/10/08 10:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ethan Crane
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jan-08
LOL @ THE APAULOGISTS HE WANTS TO CUT FEDERAL TAXES THEN THERE WONT BE ROADS GET A CLUE
1/10/08 10:47 PM
Ethan Crane
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PAWN RAUL NEEDS TO LEARN SOME BASIC ECONOMICS "ONLY GOLD AND SILVER" OKAY BLUEBEARD GET THE DUBLOONS(YOU KNOW HE COULDNT BE BLACKBEARD LOL
1/10/08 10:48 PM
Cryptic
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We're going to run Paul 3rd party and destroy the GOP haha I love it.
1/10/08 10:49 PM
CavemanDave
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HE WANTS TO CUT FEDERAL TAXES THEN THERE WONT BE ROADS GET A CLUE

LOL, KKM vs Paul 

and if you call yourself a conservative and don't think taxes are too high...well your a fucking liar calling yourself a conservative.

BTW the canidates are blatantly fucking stupid mixing it up with Paul like they did.  This can only help, it looks like 5 against Paul...not only do people love the underdog and hate the bully, it's a good way to change your momentum.

Wait till they get the call-in poll.  I wouldn't be suprised if its Thompson and Paul on top...seeing Thompson was the only one smart enough not to mix up with him... we will see in a few.

1/10/08 10:51 PM
SirPrize
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a Paul supporter, and I have donated to his campaign. That being said, Hornbuckle is right. It was a bad moment for Paul. When the moderator asked the question, I saw Paul turn his ear, so I don't know if he heard the entire question. If not, then he should have asked for clarification. Paul was right about our need to be careful about starting WWIII over some speed boats. However, since the other candidates said that they supported the Navy captain's decision to not fire, Paul sounded off topic.
1/10/08 11:01 PM
effertime
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jan-08 11:06 PM
wow...30%+ from the phone-in voters saying Paul won the debate?? Holy shit.
1/10/08 11:02 PM
effertime
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suck it Fox!
1/10/08 11:02 PM
CavemanDave
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Indeed, the boat deal was bad, but most of his other bangups with the other canidates didn't hurt Paul...they hurted the canidates that decided to box with him.

The bit about not being Republican but having it be a Republican idea to borrow money from China and then lend some of that money to the new dictator of Pakistan was a great ending point for him.

Seriously, this is a man who is online thusfar with two people considered real canidates in an election that looks like it might be razor thin going into super Tuesday.

Is it likely he will win?   No.  Just about everybody who supports Paul on this board has clearly made that statement, but that doesn't mean he won't make this election interesting.

1/10/08 11:14 PM
SirPrize
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jan-08 11:19 PM
My reactions: First of all, GOP, please stop sucking Reagan's dick - He's been dead for years. You guys acted like a bunch of necrophiliacs tonight. The camera man had a man-crush on Romney. He cut to Romney several times while other candidates were speaking, but didn't do that for other candidates. I think Paul lost a lot of people when he talked about his tax cuts. He said something about "Austrian economics", and I could just feel America's eyes glaze over. Then, he said he was not in favor of lowering interest rates to bail out the mortgage crisis. He might have a point (not sure), but I know he lost a lot of votes with that one. People don't want to hear that, even if it's right. They want to hear that the President is going to bail them out of the mortgage crisis. I was glad to see all candidates get pretty much the same number of questions. (I kept count.) McCain got a LOT more chances for rebuttal, though. He had 6 rebuttals (although 2 of those were in the heated exchange with Paul). Others only had 0, 1, or 2 responses. Where was Duncan Hunter? He was not invited. Actually, at this point, I would like to hear what he has to say. I heard a bit from him the other day, and I liked what I heard. He sounds like a true conservative, not a poser like most of the others. Carl Cameron was a dick. He asked some of the candidates smart-ass questions, and he got bitch-slapped every time: - He asked Paul about the 911 Truthers. Paul said he can't tell them what to do or believe, but he, himself, doesn't believe that. Then, he tried to go to another topic, but Cameron interrupted him and repeated his request for Paul to either support or distance himself from the Truthers. Paul repeated that he didn't share their beliefs and asked if he could join the rest of the debate. - He asked Huckabee about his statement about women being submissive to their husbands. His answer owned Cameron. He explained it theologically, and punked Cameron in the process. He said things like, "I thought religion was not an issue, but I guess it is when it concerns me" (or something like that). He joked about how, if this was going to be a full service, he should pass the collection plate. - He asked Paul if he was "electable". I think he should have asked Cameron if he was going to ask Thompson or Giulini that question, but he didn't. His answer was still good, though - said that he supported the Constitution, was in favor of limited government, etc - things that the Republican party stands for or used to stand for. He said he was the most Republican candidate up there, and Cameron was asking him if he was electable??? Thompson drew blood from Huckabee. Huckabee bragged about having signed a pledge to not raise taxes. Thompson pointed out that, a few weeks earlier, Huckabee said it would be foolish to pledge to not raise taxes, because you don't know what the future holds. Then, when the pressure got too high, he signed a pledge. Ouch. I thought Tompson also scored points on his plan to handle illegal immigration. He had very specific points. I'm biased, because I believe in his approach, but they were: secure the border, punish companies that knowingly hire illegal aliens, and cut off federal funds to sanctuary cities. Then, the illegals will leave on their own, because they won't be able to get jobs here. I thought it was funny to hear Rudy jump on the "Iraq surge" bandwagon, saying that he, too, supported the surge. McCain rebutted saying that he (McCain) was the one who actually called for it.
1/10/08 11:20 PM
effertime

LOL@ "He's been dead for years. You guys acted like a bunch of necrophiliacs tonight." Excellent analysis.
1/10/08 11:26 PM
Ethan Crane

PAUL GOT BEAT TONIGHT AND WILL LOSE THE ELECTION FIRST CANDIDATE WITH A NEGATIVE DELEGATION THAT BOAT THING WAS TYPICAL
1/10/08 11:26 PM
SirPrize

Now Fox is sucking Thompson's dick.
1/10/08 11:30 PM
CavemanDave

LOL

Did I miss it or are they not interviewing Paul, the guy who won their phone in poll again?

1/10/08 11:35 PM
Ethan Crane

LOL @ APPEARED TO BE
1/10/08 11:36 PM
SirPrize

No, they haven't interviewed Ron Paul, yet. Maybe they will, later. I hope so. Of course, with Hannity there, I'm not going to hold my breath. If Hannity does interview Paul, I wonder if Hannity will question the phone poll results again... and Paul will get to reply, "Well, it's YOUR poll!" :D
1/10/08 11:40 PM
CavemanDave

They havent even acknowledged them...

I doubt they will.

I don't think they are gonna have Paul on.

1/10/08 11:54 PM
bluedragon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are clowning Paul right now! LOL
1/10/08 11:58 PM
HELWIG
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Then went on to say how they would of blow the shit out of Iran. Not one cadidate was against blowing the shit out of Iran."

A lot of Americans want to know that if Iran, NK or anyone else pulls any shit with the US they'll get their ass handed to them.
1/11/08 12:12 AM
Mr.Negative
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Jan-08

"Big bad American's , threatening a 3rd world country. Who do not even have 1 nucluer weapon. No wonder we are hate around the world. "

you should hate your elementary school teachers for letting you pass with such horrible grammar.

1/11/08 12:47 AM
JimmyMcGimmick

lmao @ hornbuckle. why did you just assume i hadn't seen it?
1/11/08 8:47 AM
SirPrize

Edited: 11-Jan-08 08:51 AM
ttt for the morning crowd.
1/11/08 10:22 AM
jason hornbuckle

why would you have watched it and then completely denied what happened?
1/12/08 1:09 AM
JimmyMcGimmick

Edited: 12-Jan-08
because your interpretation was ridiculously skewed. as most on this thread who saw it tend to agree.
1/12/08 3:34 PM
theseanster
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Jan-08
Ron Paul had some good things to say, and he made some mistakes (1 really bad). His first response was decent, but he started screwing up when going on the attack. Brit Hume made him look like an ass after he went off on the other candidates about Iran. Certainly though, Ron Paul made some good economic points and about losing our way. I think they should invite him to future debates but I'd like to see him tone it down on the attacks because he's not really in a good position to do so, and stick to talking about what he thinks is right. Sounds a lot better for him that way imo.
1/13/08 2:22 AM
kse50

Edited: 13-Jan-08
lol @ huckabee getting his skull bashed in. it was far from it. fred tried to attack him early and huckabee came back strong, and coherent, and took the high road when it came to firing back. another thing, i love how they keep trying to throw these religous curveballs at huck and he keeps knocking them out of the park. although i dont like romney, he had some good points, along with rudy. and mccain was well, mccain.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.